[spectre] FRICTION RESEARCH ISSUE #4: RECLAIM THE MIND FEATURING SALLY GRIZELL LARSON'S AXIOM

Andreas Jacobs ajaco at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 23 16:39:17 CEST 2011

July 23-30 2011

FRICTION RESEARCH ISSUE #4: RECLAIM THE MIND FEATURING SALLY
GRIZELL LARSON'S AXIOM

Location: the internet

Link: http://nictoglobe.com/new/query10.html?d=rtmfr42011&f=rtm

-- AXIOM Single channel dv, 2010, 1min 30sec, b/w, sound, no dialogue, 4:3
aspect ratio, original format MiniDV

Statement/Description

The rhythm of clapping hands, the repetition of images in equally timed
segments:

We are lulled and seduced. Like any other high functioning receptor,
the human brain is indiscriminate about what it picks up.
How then do we resist the seemingly benign when we're mesmerized by it in
spite of our better judgment?

--
w: http://nictoglobe.com
w: http://burgerwaanzin.nl