[spectre] PRIVATE | PUBLIC taking space -- > making space, 9-12 June, Skopje

E.Veljanovska elenavel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 10:14:13 CEST 2011

*PRIVATE **| **PUBLIC ** taking space** **-- > **making space*

9-12 June, 2011

Various open-air locations, Skopje

NGO Kontrapunkt [http://ngo-kontrapunkt.blogspot.com/]

*Thursday, 9 June *

***
7 p.m.     Opening Walk ‘Private | Public Interventions’ [Meeting Point:
Behind the St. Kliment Ohridski church (Ex-Tocka)]*

*9 p.m.*     *Opening* with Raspeani Skopjani [Behind the Museum of the City
of Skopje]

* *
*Private | Public Interventions in public space*

à ‘Blue wall red door’ by Alban Muja & Yll Çitaku (KOS)

à ‘The Utopian Institute’ by Christoph Ziegler (DE)

à ‘9 Mental Maps Skopje 2011’ by Ivana Sidzimovska (MK/DE)

à ‘A hole in the whole’ by Boba Mirjana Stojadinovic (SRB/BG)

à ‘Private party’ by Gjorgje Jovanovik (MK)

à ‘2 Seconds concert’ by Disphilharmonia (MK)

à ‘FUTUREPAST’ by Bozidar Katic (CRO)

à ‘S.O.S. for the City Quarters - their Symbols and Stories’ by Slavica
Janeshlieva (MK)

à Raspeani Skopjani (MK)
‘Private | Public’ raises questions of the critical appropriation of a City
through cultural actions. In the program are included artists, lecturers and
actors of the cultural scene from Macedonia, Serbia, Croatia, Kosovo and
Germany. In the frame of the four day program, there will be more then 40
participants from various cultural backgrounds, taking place: visual
artists, musicians, theorists, curators…

*‚Private | Public’ was made possible by Goethe-Institute Liaison Skopje and
Robert Bosch Foundation.*

*“On Sunday night a young man got killed by a member of the special police
forces on the main square in Skopje. This provoked a series of protests in
the city which we actively support. We decided to continue with our planned
activities of "Private | Public" anyway, because we consider them as a
critical statement to the current situation in themselves. We live in a
situation where politicians and party activists predominantly design content
for us. Our way to oppose this is to constantly produce alternative content
and provide a context for further discussion and rethinking of
socio-cultural questions.”*

--
Elena Veljanovska
 + 389 (0) 72 318 476