[spectre] looks like Slovenia might be next

Simon Biggs simon at littlepig.org.uk
Thu Jun 16 13:01:29 CEST 2011

It is something big; sweeping global social change arising from economic
realignment. Post-crash Europe is going through a socio-economic realignment
that recognises the emerging dominance of international trade and cultural
exchange by countries such as China, India and Brazil. As part of this
process countries that once sustained values founded on social democratic
principles are having to adapt their economies (material and cultural) to
the instrumentalist models that underpin the emergent economies capacity to
out-perform their competitors. The Anglo-American model has been under
pressure at the same time, leading to the progressive collapse of the social
contracts that underpinned them. We are moving from the European millennium
to the Asian.

Best

Simon