[NetBehaviour] [spectre] looks like Slovenia might be next

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Thu Jun 16 17:51:59 CEST 2011

It's interesting that you write this; I look around me and the U.S. isn't
the country I grew up in although the roots were there of course.
Ignorance and religion and bigotry is rampant, as is fear of science; well
more than half don't believe in evolution (we're second from the bottom of
industrialized countries, just above Turkey); we're 17th in education and
dropping, lower in quality of life; our health-care is the most expensive
in the world and offers the least; 90 % of us believe in miracles; we're
busting unions, creating enclaved neighborhoods that smack of old-time
racism; and the top 1 % controls 90 % of the wealth. You can feel the
anger on the streets, among the homeless, etc. It's hopeless; with China
haunting our debt, we're not going to pull out. And we have fools like
Palin and Weiner taking up our time. I won't even get on about education
here, but even in liberal NYC 6000 teachers are being let go, and the
average class size for even pre-schoolers starts at 30 up to 60. We're
energy gluttons and have been busy continuing our attack on W. Virginia,
Ohio, and Pennsylvania for what little resources/ecology is left.

If we could, we'd leave, but no one would have us; we're broke.

We can't wait for the Fourth of July!

- Alan

==
webpage http://www.alansondheim.org