[spectre] any news on the revolutions?

Maria Chatzichristodoulou m.chatzichristodoulou at hull.ac.uk
Thu Mar 10 11:44:26 CET 2011

Hi Andreas, Jaromil

I know certain such organisations, and I'm sure many people on this list do
so too. Not surprisingly, those are mostly organisations that have chosen
not to depend on the privileges that institutional power systems offer on
the first place (i.e. They have chosen to forgo public funding).

One such space comes to mind immediately when I think of London, Backspace:
http://bak.spc.org/bakspc.html

Also, the Institute for the Art and Practice of Dissent at Home in Liverpool
(focused on performance and live arts, but potentially open to other
artforms as appropriate and possible re limited infrastructure):
http://www.twoaddthree.org/residencies/

Both 'organisations' (though this is not the right term), to my knowledge,
have consciously made a decision not to depend on public funding for their
artistic, social or other interventions.

I'm sure there are several other such
venues/organizations/communities/initiatives around the world

All best
Maria X

--
Dr Maria Chatzichristodoulou [aka Maria X]

Director of Postgraduate Studies
Lecturer in Theatre and Performance
School of Arts and New Media
University of Hull @ Scarborough