[spectre] Great Festival Opportunity

Ruppert Poppl artfestival at web.de
Sat Mar 12 01:58:54 CET 2011

The Great Festival invites you to submit your work to a great competition

We'll show your work to a large audience.

There is no limitation in regards to the topic. You can enter whatever you want.

The jury will select one winner. The price money for that one winner is 500 Euro.

There is a public choice award. The winner get's global media exposure, created by the Great Festivals public relations team.

Only work created during the last two months can enter.

We have a tough deadline and the jury decision only needs three months after entering your work.

The Great Festival features a super-special section that no other festival in the world has, called 1-minute screen. Work submitted for this section can be one minute long, even though the attentions span of our audience is 7 seconds.

You should be under the age of 27,5 years to enter your work. Please provide a passport copy to confirm your age.

If your work is selected we're looking forward for you to attend the festival. You don't have to pay the festival ticket. We provide you with one (1) night in a two star hostel room (not mentioning there are 3 more people) for free. Hope you can attend.

However because of our low budget we can not cover any additional accommodation, if you plan to stay longer, please pay by yourself.

For your travel please apply at your local resources (embassies, cultural foundations) who will be happy to assist you. We'll provide an invitation letter to support your application.

Since the jury decision took 3 months, the Great Festival is in a hurry and asks you to reply within 24 hours after you were selected. Make sure your significant other and your day job agree with our tough time-table.

The Great Festival has many expenses. We have to rent a space, pay the security, pay our staff, pay the more or less famous jury members, pay the curators, pay the external companies we hire, pay for a top-notch advertisement campaign. We hope this helps you to understand, that we can not pay artist or screening fees.

Talking of fees, did we mention, that we charge 30 Euro for each application we receive? You can use wire-transfer to our obscure bank account which will cost you another 16 Euro in banking fees, but that's the fault of your local bank.

In case of transportation of works, charges for the transportation and the insurance are paid by artists.

Please send in the following material which we will not return: 1.) Documentation of your work. Videos must be submitted as DVD or as digital file. Note that the file should not be bigger than 300 Mb and should be in .xrs format. 2.) Four copies of the signed and filled application form 3.) Bi-lingual CV that we can put instantly on our website, so the public knows about our great participating artists 4.) Copy of your passport 5.) Cover letter, explaining why you'd like to participate in the Great Festival 6.) Digital photo of the artist to be used on our website 7.) Catalogues or portfolio. Remember we can't return it.

Thanks for putting your time, money, thought and energy into creating works for the Great Festival.