[spectre] CologneOFF 2011 ARAD - videoart in a global context

CologneOFF2011 the-network at koeln.de
Fri Mar 25 12:32:23 CET 2011

CologneOFF 2011 - videoart in a global context
nomadic festival project
1 January - 31 December 2011

http://coff.newmediafest.org
After the most successful event series recently in Ukraine
Kiev (14 & 15 March) and Kharkiv (16-20 March),
CologneOFF 2011 is making the next stop on its global tour in Romanania,
where the Art Museum of Arad is hosting CologneOFF 2011 ARAD
between 31 March and 2 April 2011.

CologneOFF 2011 ARAD
is a collaboration between Cologne International Videoart Festival,
artvideoKOELN & Le Musee di-visioniste - the new museum of networked art
directed & coordinated by Wilfried Agricola de Cologne
and
Art Museum of Arad and Kinema Ikon Arad (Romania)
curated by Calin Man

presenting in total 21 programs featuring "art and moving images".

This is the event schedule
---------------------------

31 March - Thursday

Opening 18h lecture
screening  - special  selection Cologne OFF VI - "Corporate III"
1 April - Friday
15h- -20h video art screenings

15h - 16h UK & Ireland:  Occasionally Unusual
16h - 17h ASIA: Hongkong curated by Alvis Choi & Ellen Pau
17h - 18h Latin America: Mexico - Resistance & Burning Desire
18h - 19h Asia: Near West/Near East
19h - 20h Digitalis I - aspects of digital art

Projections/installations
1. Balkan countries: A very  loud voice - Boris Sribar - solo (Serbia)
2. Mediterranean: France:  Frank Gatti - Slapstick Social
3.  Baltic Sea: Finland curated by Pekka Ruuska
4.  Baltic Sea: Russia/ curated by Vika Ilyushkina/
5.  Balkan countries: Croatia I  curated by Darko Fritz & Croatia  II by VideoChannel
6. Mediterranean:  Italy curated by Giorgio Fedeli & Mario Gorni
7.  Baltic Sea: Estonia  - Estonian Art Academy curated by Raivo Kelomees

2 April - Saturday
15h-20h screenings

15h - 16h Mediterranean: Spain curated by Maite Camacho & Mario Gutierrez Cru
16h - 17h Balkan countries: Romania - Kinema Ikon  curated by Calin Man
17h - 18h Baltic Sea: Latvia: Waterpieces Videoart Festival Riga
18h - 19h Asia.: Iran: "Close to My Heart" curated  Alysse Stepanian
19h - 20h Balkan Countries: Slovenia curated by Kolektiva /Ljubljana

Projections/installations
 1 Asia: Fear West/Far East - Laos
 2 SFC - Shoah Film Collection (selection I)
 3 Figure it out!  - performance in video art
 4 Africa: Still Fighting curated by Kisito Assangni (Togo)
 5 Baltic Sea: Poland I  curated by Antoni Karwowski
 6 Austria: curated by MACHFELD
 7 Australia: Jamil Yamani - All Quiet on the Western Front

A detailed PDF catalogue is available for download
http://downloads.nmartproject.net/CologneOFF2011_ARAD.pdf
The poster is also available as PDF
http://downloads.nmartproject.net/CologneOFF2011_Arad_poster.pdf

See you in Arad or in virtual space online,
since the entire basic festival program of CologneOFF 2011
presenting all videos in full length is available 24h a day
online via http://coff.newmediafest.org

CologneOFF 2011 - videoart in a global context
nomadic festival project
1 January - 31 December 2011

A media art project
culturally designed (c) by AGRICOLA de Cologne

http://coff.newmediafest.org
2011 (at) coff.newmediafest.org