[spectre] the beginning of computer-generated art in the Netherlands -- before 1980

Darko Fritz fritz.d at chello.nl
Thu Nov 3 12:30:40 CET 2011

Dear all

My name is Darko Fritz, I am artist, independent researcher and
curator, and I started a research on the beginning of computer-
generated art in the Netherlands, with focus on visual arts and
design. The Fonds BKVB awarded me a  grant for the research on the
subject.

My focus on visual arts buy I will include other fields of creative
use of computers in short -- all prior to (t/m) 1980!

There is not a single article on the suvject available, and I'm doing
bottom-up research. Therefore I'm looking for any information
considering the subject and I'll appreciate your help.

My research focus on mapping of the field, and it will have form of
text (and pictures) outputs: short essay, chronology, list of networks
and institutions, bibliography.

First findings you can find here [2.9. Mb]:
http://darkofritz.net/text/DARKO_FRITZ_NL_COMP_ART_n.pdf

I am interested in  dates (or months, years) of conceptualization,
production and public presentation of the works, as well place of
production, types of hardware and software used and working process
documents (sketches, programs), venues of presentations, institutions
and people involved ...

Best regards

Darko Fritz

http://darkofritz.net . e-m: darko at darkofritz.net . skype: darkofritz

Jacob van Lennepstraat 349 / 2 . 1053 JL Amsterdam . Netherlands .
tel: +31 [0] 6 25103124
studio: 2e Jan van der Heydenstraat 27 . 1073 VG  Amsterdam