[spectre] "Occupy Cinema" on Nov.9th at the 7th *Globale* in Berlin

podinski podska at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 10:35:04 CET 2011

fwd>

Dear citizens and mediaheads,

The 7th *Globale* festival in Berlin has begun!
www.globale-filmfestival.org

And we have added a special FINALE for this year's doc festival.

On Weds., Nov. 9th at 22:30h, we will feature a special screening called
**OCCUPY CINEMA** !

All the new media possibilities offer the opportunity to report on
this wildly flourishing Occupy Movement from around the world, and we
wish to provide a forum to discuss the movement's meaning, impacts,
directions and potentials.

We are collecting various media, and attempting to include clips as
current as possible. IF YOU have suggestions for related media -
available online + preferably downloadable - please write to us here:

occupy at globale-filmfestival.org

Of course will not be able to screen everything. In fact we would like
to screen less than an hour's worth of material and leave the rest of our
time for engaged discussion.

Please Note: We are in the midst of a very busy festival, and cannot
respond immediately to your emails, but the plan is also to compile
all the suggestions we receive, and post them on our website(s) as a
resource for DIY + TACTICAL CINEMAS everywhere !

And if you are interested to assist in that project and help spread
this resource, or just curious... you can come down and meet us at THE
GLOBALE FESTIVAL, and specifically for any of these three "MEDIA
IMPLOSION" events:

1. Citizen Kino - The Screen Is Not The Territory, Nov. 6th, 20:30h at
Kino Moviemento,
2. Seminar on "Media Implosion" Nov. 8th, 19h at C-Base.
3. Occupy Ciema - Nov. 9th, 22:30h at Kino Moviemento

more info here:
www.xlterrestrials.org/plog/?p=7630

Hope you can join us !

dr. Podinski,
the XLterrestrials + the Globale team

---

"I’ve never seen anything quite like the Occupy movement in scale and
character, here and worldwide. The Occupy outposts are trying to create
cooperative communities that just might be the basis for the kinds of
lasting organizations necessary to overcome the barriers ahead and the
backlash that’s already coming."

Noam Chomsky yesterday speaking at the Occupy Boston camp.
http://inthesetimes.com/article/12206/occupy_the_future/

"In the street and in the square, we are standing here together making
democracy, enacting the phrase We The People."

Judith Butler at OWS

--
www.xlterrestrials.org/plog