[spectre] (fwd) Call- New Technological Art Award Foundation Liedts-Meesen 2012

Andreas Broeckmann broeckmann at leuphana.de
Sun Nov 13 12:45:27 CET 2011

Call for Entries - New Technological Art Award Foundation Liedts-Meesen 2012
Update_4

15 September-18 of November 2012

Zebrastraat Gent
Zebrastraat 32/001
9000 Gent
Belgium
http://www.ntaa.be
http://www.newtechnologicalartaward.be

After update_1 in 2006, with as curator
Jean-Marie Dallet, professor and researcher
linked to ÉESI, responsible of the laboratory of
the école d'art Figures de l'interactivité,
Angoulême-Poitiers, France, followed by update_2
in collaboration with the ZKM, Zentrum für Kunst
und Medientechnologie in Karlsruhe and with as
curator Peter Weibel, Director of the ZKM, and
finally update_3, in collaboration with the
Centre Pompidou, Service Nouveaux Médias and as
curator Christine Van Assche, guardian of the
Centre Pompidou, we are determined to continue
this series with update_4, to be held from 15th
September till 18th of November 2012.

We want to put some new accents in update_4.
Previously, the exhibitions were combined with
the New Technological Art Award Liedts-Meesen,
which enjoyed a growing interest from the part of
the artists and the public.

For this reason, we want to increase the
importance of this contest by taking the
following measures:

* New and adapted rules, which are stricter, and
will focus more specifically on the artistic
contribution of the new technologies,
* The number of nominees who will have the
opportunity to show their works of art during
update_4 will pass from 10 to 20,
* Finally, the works will be presented at three
sites: Zebrastraat in Ghent, La Cambre in
Brussels (for works to be shown in the open air),
and iMAL, also in Brussels

As previously, the nominees will be selected by a
professional jury, which will also award the
final prize of 5000 EUR; besides this, there will
also be a prize from the audience.

The second part of the event consists of an
exhibition of renowned artists in the field of
New Technological Art. Only two or three works
will be presented at each site.

To these two activities will be added a third
one, namely the organization of a three days
colloquium on new tendencies in contemporary art.
We will invite a number of artists and
personalities from all over the world, who would
discuss during the day certain topics related to
this art movement. The conclusions of their
discussions and the texts of their papers will be
published in the form of a reference book,
replacing the previously published catalogues.

As you can see, we evolve from the concept of an
exhibition combined with a contest, towards an
event combining exhibition, contest and
colloquium, yielding a reference book.