[spectre] Re: Network Music Festival - open call

Charles Céleste Hutchins celesteh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:43:11 CET 2011

The deadline for submissions to the open call for the *Network Music
Festival* has been extended to 5 December. We are especially hoping to
receive additional proposals for talks and workshops, but will also still
be considering performances, installations, etc.  For full details, please
see our website: http://networkmusicfestival.org/open-call/

Network Music Festival

27-29 January

Birmingham, UK

The *Network Music Festival* will take place in January 2012 in Birmingham
(UK) in the heart of Birmingham’s creative community. Presenting a diverse
programme of laptop performances, live coding, communicating home-made
musical gadgets, sound installations, workshops and everything else in
between, the Network Musical Festival boasts an international line-up
including some of Birmingham’s best home-grown hi-tech musical performers.
We are looking for proposals for performances, talks, installations, demos
and workshops.

http://networkmusicfestival.org/open-call/

*Open Call*

*DEADLINE: 5 December 2011*

Network Music Festival aims to showcase a broad spectrum of musical and
sound related works, research and participatory activities which use
networking as part of their aesthetic, creation or performance practice.
Network Music Festival would like to invite submissions in the categories
of Performance (Concert or Club), Installation, Talks, Demos and Workshops.
We are also open to other suggestions, where you are free to submit
proposals that fall outside of the above categories but that you feel would
be an appropriate addition to the festival programme.

// PERFORMANCES //

Performances where networking in an integral part of the aesthetics or
performance practice. This could include: Laptop
Ensembles/Orchestras/Bands, Instrumental and Electronic groups;
Performances which use the internet as part of the performance; any
performance that use networking in some form.

Proposed performances should be 10-30 minutes in length.

// INSTALLATIONS //

Sound installations which use networking as central to the aesthetic and/or
creation of the work. Could include static installations or installations
which explore the surrounding area.

// TALKS //

We will be accepting submissions for informal talks, accompanied by
slideshow presentations. Talk topics should be suitable for the general
public.

// DEMOS //

The Network Music Festival will include an interactive hands-on session
where festival attendees can try-out or see your hardware or software
network music device/installation/toys/etc in action.

The session will be in the form of a market-place. You will be provided
with a small space with a table where you can set up your tech for
attendees to look at and have a go.

// WORKSHOPS //

Participatory workshops which cover topics related to sound and networking.
May focus on technological and/or artistic aspects. Please note this is a
submission to LEAD a workshop.

Please state the experience level required in order to take part in the
workshop and the length of time and resources required in workshop
description.

// OTHER //

If there’s anything that you would like to submit that you don’t feel is
covered by the above categories but would be an appropriate addition to the
festival programme, please submit a proposal with as much information as
possible.

*DEADLINE FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS: 5 December** 2011  *

*
*

http://networkmusicfestival.org/open-call/

--