[spectre] Almost Cinema : october 11 - 22 at Vooruit in Ghent

Eva De Groote eva at vooruit.be
Wed Oct 5 14:36:48 CEST 2011

ALMOST CINEMA
11 > 22 OCTOBER 2011 IN VOORUIT

In Almost Cinema, organised by the Vooruit Arts Centre and the Ghent
Film Festival, artists from a variety of disciplines offer the audience
a different take on cinema.

/hi-lites
/

In Vooruit, the Ghent Film Festival opens with /Magic Trip/: a
freewheeling portrait of Ken Kesey and the Merry Prankster’s fabled road
trip across America in the legendary Magic Bus in 1964. Unprecedented
access to raw footage!

The artists who take part in the /Almost Cinema exhibition /dissect or
broaden the ordinary cinema experience as they experiment with sound,
image, light, space and movement.

Featuring: Julius von Bismarck (Space Beyond Me, 2009), H.C. Gilje
(Blink, 2009), Ant Hampton & Britt Hatzius (This is not my voice
speaking, 2011), Kathy Hinde (Dancing Cranes, 2010 and Piano Migrations,
2008/2010), Wouter Huis (Disclaimer, 2011), Wim Janssen (Continuization
Loop, 2010), Diane Landry (Chevalier de la résignation infinie, 2009),
Tina Tonagel (Effektgerät, Stollen Stollen Abgesang and a brand new
installation)

After two years of extensive international touring with the Holocene
cycle (‘Jerusalem’, ‘Iqaluit’, ‘Bonanza’ and ‘Moscow’), the artist
collective /Berlin/ has embarked on a new cycle called Horror Vacui. The
first project in this new cycle is the documentary ‘Tagfish’, which is
presented as a performance.

‘Every minute, always’, a collaboration between /Melanie Wilson and
Abigail Conway/, is a cinema experience for two. Seated among other
couples, the experience unfolds through their headphones, in symbiosis
with what they see on screen. A playful remix of ‘Brief Encounter’.

/Sam Amidon /likes to experiment with adaptations of folk songs, gospel
songs, pop music… For ‘Home alone inside my heart’, he has transformed
himself into a born storyteller with a great sense of humour.

/Circumstance/ will take the Almost Cinema audiences to an undisclosed
location in the city for a cinematic #subtlemob exploring trust and
suspicion in public spaces (‘Our broken voice’).

for all info http://vooruit.be/almostcinema

/
/

welcome!