[spectre] ~~> Keyboard- and Mouse-Hack Workshop, Berlin, 14. und 15. Oktober 2011

wolfgang spahn post at wolfgang-spahn.de
Fri Oct 7 10:55:40 CEST 2011

Mouse and keyboard hack - the way for a simple and universal interface

Mouse and keyboards are among the best working interfaces for a
computer. They work wireless or with USB, they are supported by most
software and every OS. And the best is each of them has its own
interrupt. Above all they are cheap and reliable. That’s why they are
the perfect base for an artist’s universal interface. You simply must
hack them!

In the workshop I’ll show you how mice and keyboards function.
Furthermore I’ll show you how you can hack them and how you can connect
those keyboards/ mice with switches and sensors. Additional I’ll show
some tricks and circuit to turn of the “tilt-function” of a keyboard.

The workshop will enable you to use hacked keyboards and mice for
creating your own interactive installation. It is although possible to
develop a universal Arduino Mouse Shield, which allows the communication
between software and an Arduino pretending to be a computer mouse.

The course language is German. Please feel free to ask questions in
English.

Time:....................Friday 14.to Saturday 15. Oktober 2011, 11 to 5pm
Location:................Medienwerkstatt Berlin in der Druckwerkstatt,
.........................Mariannenplatz 2, 10997 Berlin
Number of participants:..5 to 8
Charges:.................50 € + 10-20€ material
To bring with you:.......Laptop, old keyboards and mice
Lecturer:................Wolfgang Spahn

Infos und Anmeldung:
http://www.bbk-bildungswerk.de/con/cms/front_content.php?idart=1431&refId=415

Lighttype Board_