[spectre] Furtherfield is looking for new Reviewers.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Mon Sep 5 15:10:08 CEST 2011

Sorry for any cross posting...

Furtherfield is looking for new Reviewers.

Furtherfield receives regular submissions inviting us to feature and
review artworks and projects from artists, non-artists, and art groups
from all over the world. We have an excellent team of reviewers working
with us. Yet, we find ourselves overwhelmed by the amount of amazing and
challenging works exploring our (shared) cultures beyond traditional
remits more than ever now. And, as you can imagine, it is not easy
keeping up with the workload.

AND - The (alarming) trend by particular groups, only respecting those
who reside in main cities such as London, New York or Berlin; because
they are so desperate to please an outmoded art market system of
scarcity - this only works to serve and perpetuate the hegemonies and
hierarchies of an already established, making them stronger. This is
boring and of course shallow, and it is just not good enough - we
deserve something better. With you - we want to reclaim and free up our
culture, take it back! Challenge us and challenge yourselves to break it
down! Redistribute it! Let our shared culture BREATH once more!

"In terms of culture, what I see developing is a new transnational
culture, based on value and discourse communities, based on language,
that are neither local, nor national, nor fully cosmopolitan, but
'trans-national'." Michel Bauwens. Founder of the Foundation for P2P
Alternatives. http://su.pr/2R2jSz

So - we are interested in writers who understand and know about (new)
media art, P2P culture, net art, hacktivism, software art, social
networks, live networked art, live Internet tv, free and open source
software & hardware, digital recycling projects, tactical media, art
blogs, net films, mobile phone projects, self institutions,
psycho-geography, video games culture, activist games, as well as
publications, books, events, projects, unconferences, exhibitions
online/physical or both, and related conferences. And like us, if you
are passionately and critically engaged in investigating the constant
shifts and reinventions of our ever fascinating and imaginative world -
You will enjoy working with us.

We welcome contributions from all kinds of writers – and are always
interested bi-lingual reviewers who are able to introduce/translate work
created by artists in non-English-speaking regions. We also interested
in reviewers who are writing about ‘media art and ecology’ and the
contemporary ideas coming out of this emergent genre.

If you are interested in becoming a reviewer at Furtherfield and wish to
know more please contact marc garrett – marc.garrett [at] furtherfield.org

Note: Please do not apply unless you are sure that you are definitely
interested.

Become a Reviewer
http://www.furtherfield.org/get-involved/become-a-reviewer

Features: Articles, Reviews & Interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/features

About Furtherfield
http://www.furtherfield.org/content/about