[spectre] Job opportunity: Baltan Laboratories
annette at sonicacts.com
Wed Apr 11 17:53:07 CEST 2012
Baltan Laboratories is looking for a new director to build on its partnerships, activities and achievements, and shape the future of the lab. Baltan’s current director, Angela Plohman, will leave the organisation as of May 31, 2012 to move back to Canada after more than 10 years in the Netherlands.
Deadline for applications: April 18, 2012.
Baltan Laboratories is in its 4th year of operation. Currently based in the Van Abbemuseum, Baltan has successfully established itself as an important connector and initiator of art and technology projects and research in the Brainport region of the south of the Netherlands. Among its unique strengths are its wide European network and its collaborations with academic, educational, industrial and cultural partners.
Developing a vision for a lab of the future and finding a sustainable model for art-technology collaborations, have been the key threads running throughout the activities of Baltan Laboratories. Based on the experience gained through multiple art projects, collaborations, workshops and expert meetings, Baltan recently published its Blueprint for a Lab of the Future.
Regionally, Baltan Laboratories is one of the key cultural partners in the redevelopment of the NatLab (the former physics laboratory of Royal Philips Electronics). The NatLab is seen as one of the regional icons for the synergy between art and technology. Located at Strijp-S, where the STRP Festival for art and technology and the annual Dutch Design Week also take place, Natlab 2.0 will be at the heart of Eindhoven’s creative community.
Within this vibrant and innovative context, Baltan is seeking a director who can build on the partnerships, activities and achievements of the last years, and shape the lab’s future. See www.baltanlaboratories.org for more information about Baltan’s activities.
THE DIRECTOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- strategy and programme development, in collaboration with the Board;
- day-to-day management of Baltan Laboratories (including administration, finance, production, reporting, etc.);
- partnership development;
- representing and positioning Baltan Laboratories on local, national and international levels;
- internal and external communication;
- fundraising and lobbying, in collaboration with the Board;
- human resources (hiring and management of personnel and freelance collaborators).
SPECIFIC TARGETS FOR 2012:
- deliver a high quality and publicly visible program of activity as outlined in the plans submitted to funders for 2012 (in collaboration with Baltan staff and partners);
- actively participate in the development of the plans for the NatLab 2.0 in collaboration with the Municipality of Eindhoven and NatLab partners;
- maintain and strengthen (existing) partnerships with education, industry and cultural partners;
- continue to increase the visibility and impact of Baltan Laboratories on local, national and international levels;
- develop and deliver a business plan for 2013-2014 as well as funding proposals, in collaboration with the Board.
- 10 years experience working as a director, manager, or programmer in the non-profit (cultural) sector;
- proven track record in developing and delivering innovative cross-disciplinary projects and programmes;
- experience in fundraising and budget management;
- working knowledge of the Dutch and English languages;
- strong international network;
- experience in collaborating with organisations and people from various disciplines and sectors;
- experience working with artists and designers;
- must reside in, or be willing to relocate to, Eindhoven or the immediate vicinity.
- a full time position (40 hours/week) in a highly dynamic and motivating working atmosphere, located in one of the world’s leading museums for contemporary art;
- the opportunity to truly make a difference in shaping the future of the cultural scene in Eindhoven and the region;
- a solid base of projects and partners to work from, and freedom to further shape the lab according to your own vision;
- salary dependent on experience.
- desired starting date for the position is June 1, 2012.
- please contact board[AT]baltanlaboratories.org if you have any questions. Questions will be answered by mail or one of the members of the Board will contact you.
Applications (incl. cover letter, CV and names of 2 references) must be received no later than April 18, 2012 and must be sent to board[AT]baltanlaboratories.org as one pdf. Interviews with selected candidates will take place in Eindhoven on April 27, 2012.
More information about the SPECTRE