[spectre] The crowdfunding for the documentary film "My Name Is Janez Janša" is open!

Aksioma aksioma4 at siol.net
Thu Apr 12 16:11:07 CEST 2012

*/My Name Is Janez Janša/: The crowdfunding is open!*

**
It all started five years ago when three artists joined the conservative
SDS party and changed their names to Janez Janša, which is the name of
the leader of that party and Prime Minister of Slovenia. The rest is
history or, better said, the documentary /My Name Is Janez Janš/a, which
is coming to the cinemas soon. Focusing on the most scandalous name
change in the history of Slovenia, the film juxtaposes different views
on the meaning and purpose of one’s name and reasons for changing it.

Before you google your name, visit http://www.verkami.com/projects/1752
and*help to finish the film* and to reach its audiences all over the world.

Keep up with the film at www.mynameisjanezjansa.com
<http://www.mynameisjanezjansa.com/>.

---------------
*PRESS RELEASE*

This year, the *documentary film **/My Name Is Janez Janša/*, directed
by Janez Janša, will find its way to the big screens. The film shows the
host Dražen Dragojević lead us through the various opinions, viewpoints
and views offered by individuals, artists and academics from around the
world as they discuss the meaning and purpose of the given name as seen
from the perspective of the individual and society.

The reasons and motives behind changing one’s given name are shown
through picturesque examples taken from history, popular culture and
everyday life, leading the viewer to the most widely resounding name
change in the history of Slovenia: in 2007, three artists enlisted into
the Slovenian Democrat Party (SDS) and got their names officially
changed to Janez Janša, the leader of that party and Prime Minister of
Slovenia. While they renamed themselves for personal reasons, this
gesture was marked as an artistic act and triggered an array of
interpretations in Slovenian and foreign art circles, as well as amongst
reporters, commentators and the general public. The film reveals the
various views and responses to this renaming, which resounded in
Slovenia and abroad.

The documentary film /My Name Is Janez Janša/was filmed in English and
Slovenian; however, we can also hear Italian, Spanish, French and
Croatian.In the film, a host of internationally acclaimed artists and
intellectuals appear, including *UBERMORGEN.COM, Franco and Eva Mattes,
Vuk Ćosić, Jan Fabre, Stephen Kovats, Tim Etchells, Vaginal Davis,
Mladen Dolar, Miroslav Košuta*, and, of course, *Janez Janša, Janez
Janša and Janez Janša*.

Aksioma – Institute for Contemporary Art is the producer of the film,
which was created in cooperation with Institute Maska, TV Slovenija,
POPCult and Emotionfilm, and with the financial support of the Slovenian
Film Centre and film studio Viba Film.

In the final post-production phase, the creators of the film resorted to
an innovative way of financing their project: crowdfunding, or funding
by the masses. In this way, a high number of individuals financially
support creative projects by offering small or large amounts, and thus
ensure that good ideas are realized. The film creators wish to rise €
6000 in the next 40 days (starting on April 11th) and use these funds to
finish the film and present it to the broadest possible public
worldwide. Most of the funds, which will be collected through the
crowdfundingplatform Verkami, will be used for the post-production of
the international cinema and shorter television versions of the film and
their worldwide distribution. Individuals can support the documentary
film /My Name Is Janez Janša/via the webpage
_www.verkami.com/projects/1752
<http://www.verkami.com/projects/XXXX-my-name-is-janez-jansa>_.

As a ‘thank you’ for their support, the film creators will give out
interesting rewards – ranging from mentioning individuals’ names in the
end credits to works of art.

Contact:
Marcela Okretič, Producer
*Aksioma | Institute for Contemporary Art, Ljubljana*
Neubergerjeva 25, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
e-mail: aksioma4 at siol.net
www.aksioma.org