[spectre] TOYBOX at TROVE - call out for toys and short films based on toys

Antonio Roberts antonio at hellocatfood.com
Mon Apr 23 15:07:28 CEST 2012

TROVE call out for toys and short films based on toys
DEADLINE 6th May 2012
Exhibition dates 15th – 23rd June 2012

---

TROVE is an independent art space in Birmingham, UK, which run a
monthly changing programme of contemporary art exhibitions/events.
http://trove.org.uk

In June 2012 TROVE, with Antonio Roberts, are hosting an exhibition
about toys.  This project leads on from the discovery that the
Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham, where TROVE is based, used to produce
more ‘toys’ than jewellery, guns or pens; all things it is now more
famously known for producing.  When researching what toys were
produced in this area of Birmingham it was discovered that the term
‘toys’ was used to describe items such as buttons, cuff-links and belt
buckles.

With the misinterpretation of the word ‘toys’ TROVE are looking for
films about actual toys, as is the current understanding of the word,
that have been altered, hacked, modified or electronically changed,
rather than ‘toys’ meaning belt buckles, buttons etc.

----TROVE call out for toys----

TROVE are inviting you to submit examples of your modified toys to:
antonio at hellocatfood.com

Please email Antonio and include:
* your CV and a short personal statement
* a short description of the work/toys
* links to online footage of the toy is available
* max 6 photographs of the toy/s you are proposing

Notes for application:
* please make sure you can deliver and collect your toys from TROVE;
11th/12th June for drop off and 24th June for collection.
* we will only be accepting applications where toys are battery powered

For further info please contact Antonio on the above email address.

----TROVE call out for short films based on toys----

TROVE are inviting you to submit examples of films based on the theme
of toys to:
info at trove.org.uk

Please email TROVE and include:
* your CV and a short personal statement
* a short description of the film/s
* links to online footage of the toy if available
* max 6 photographs of the toy/s you are proposing

Notes for application:
* please make sure your films is 10 minutes long or less
* we will be screening more than one film at a time so we will not be
exhibiting films that rely on sound
* the films need to be available during June 2012

For further info please contact TROVE on the above email address.

--
antonio at hellocatfood.com
http://www.hellocatfood.com