[spectre] Johann Arens launch, Friday 10/8/12, 6-9pm

The Pigeon Wing info at thepigeonwing.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 15:44:12 CEST 2012

Johann Arens
South of No North
Micro residency July 30th – Aug 11th
Public event: Friday August 10th, 6 - 9pm

What are you making?
Scale model or a mini model.
Is it a decoy?
If that means I can question the original. I am curious which level of
abstraction will be suitable to take the model too.
If it were a mock object, you might be mimicking the original, are you
implying ridicule, 'making a mockery' of your subject?
Could be, I'm just replicating it, smaller. Possibly it should be
approached like the process of painting, rather than an
architecturally precise scale model.
The made object will last longer than the original subject, in that
sense it will behave like a memorial.
Well, documentation of it certainly will, I’m not sure what I’ll
do with the object yet.
However the real/original is also on display; the window becomes a
screen for the audience to re-view it.
While the table sculpture makes viewers crane their necks like owls.*

* This is based on a conversation that didn’t happen last week.

The Pigeon Wing, Top Floor (front), Guild House Rollins Street,
London, United Kingdom, SE15 1EP
Bikes can’t be taken on most overground routes during the Olympics,
check before you travel. Further directions available here.
<http://thepigeonwing.co.uk/contact>

--
<small>
To stop receiving mail click