[spectre] request for clarification

stephen kovats kovats at r0g-media.org
Mon Aug 27 22:52:33 CEST 2012

hi heath,

of the very many ways of considering what is digital (and to avoid some of the many disambiguations in our equally ill defined age), one of my personal favs is this snippet from wikipedia:

A beacon is perhaps the simplest non-electronic digital signal, with just two states (on and off). In particular, smoke signals are one of the oldest examples of a digital signal, where an analog "carrier" (smoke) is modulated with a blanket to generate a digital signal (puffs) that conveys information.

cheers,

stephen

On 27.08.2012, at 17:32, heath bunting wrote:

> dear spectres
>
> can someone precisely define the word 'digital' for me please ?
>
> hope all is well
>
> heath

stephen kovats
r0g_agency for open culture and critical transformation

supermarkt studio 3
brunnenstrasse 69
13355 berlin

+49 170 5887806
r0g-media.org
tweet @intertwilight

 //  ------------------  //

** THANKS for recent r0g_EVENTS **

#OSJUBA *towards an Open Source South Sudan*
Part 1: South Sudan and Open Source Culture
@KOW Brunnenstrasse 9, Berlin
Thursday June 21, 19.00 - 21.00
Part 2: #OSJUBA conference / workshop
@SUPERMARKT Brunnenstrasse 64, Berlin
Friday June 22, 10.00 - 18.00
http://r0g-media.org/osjuba/
http://www.facebook.com/events/387391117973861/

CIRCUM / POLARITY + C_plexus Solaris
featuring: Jan-Peter E.R. Sonntag and Mark Resch
February 29, 19.00 @ Marshall McLuhan Salon
Embassy of Canada Berlin
http://www.mcluhan-salon.de/calendar
http://arcticperspective.org