[spectre] Invite to EVERPRESENTERROR

sam langford samlangford at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 17:52:40 CET 2012

EVERPRESENTERROR

Multimedia Art Event Curated by Patrick Courtney

Thursday 6 December 7pm - Midnight. Free Entry.

The Flying Dutchman

156 Wells Way, SE5 7SY London, United Kingdom

Featuring works by Patrick Courtney, Mike Lion, Dr Mu
(Kaos),

Pardon My Early Exit and DJ WhatDuck (Kaos)

With audio equipment kindly supplied by Mr Ed

Heart of Darkness PtII (video 2007)

Looking at the Sun from a Burning Building (video 2011)

hair+spitv1.0 (sound 2007)

    Dr
Mu (Kaos), Pardon My Early Exit and DJ WhatDuck (Kaos) will

perform live sound pieces in response to hair+spit v1.0

hair+spit v1.0 is a war broadcast taken from over 17 hours of

actual sound recordings of chemotherapy treatment. The sound
of the

drugs, blood transfusions, hydration treatments and food
supplements

entering the body. hair+spit v1.0 provides an extraordinary
insight

into the treatment of cancer and its associated
psychological and

physiological struggles. This piece transcends a purely

autobiographical reading of the work by drawing the audience
into a

universal world looking at mortality, complexity of the body
and the

fine line between the toxic and healing qualities of
chemotherapy.

hair+spit v1.0 examines the theatre of war on both a micro
(the body)

and macro (territorial war) level using sonic arts
sensitively and

with great impact.

Helen Sloan

The end result of complete cellular representation is cancer.

William S. Burroughs Naked Lunch 134