[spectre]Fwd: fatal strike for hungarian art

szabolcs kisspal kisspal.sz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 11:27:27 CET 2012

dear Spectrists,
Your help is needed, please share and publicize!

'Recent legislative steps in Hungary point towards the authoritarian transformation of the institutional structures and funding system of cultural life, by giving an ultra conservative artist group close to the rightwing government, the Hungarian Academy of Arts, an unassailable position of power. As a result of these decisions, the government has endangered the long term autonomy, professionalism and democratic procedures of Hungarian contemporary art. (…)'
read more at:
http://nemma.noblogs.org/index.php/post/2012/12/08/announcement/

On the blog you may find some news+background information,
about the current developments in HU.
We try to provide a real time update in English.
If you have access to any (printed or online) media
we would highly appreciate if you'd share the announcement
or publish your own reactions,
For further information and feedback please contact:
nemma at autistici.org or ellenpolus at autistici.org,

gracias,
sz.