[spectre] Reminder: Invisible Forces. Exhibition starts Sat 16 June 2012

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Tue Jun 12 12:40:27 CEST 2012

Sorry for any cross posting...

"I'm as angry as hell and I'm not going to take it any more!" - Howard
Beale, Network 1976

An exhibition about why contemporary life is so difficult for so many.

Invisible Forces features the work of artist-visionaries: Kimathi
Donkor, Laura Oldfield Ford, IOCOSE, Dave Miller, Edward Picot, and
YoHa, with additional game events, talks and workshops with Class
Wargames, The Hexists, Olga P Massanet and Thomas Cade Aston.

Our social, economic and cultural institutions are being dismantled.
Control over the provision of social care, urban and rural development,
education and freedom of expression, is being redistributed to private
enterprise at a global level. Undeterred, the artists in this exhibition
meet these challenges with clear eyes, spontaneity, experimentation and
a sense of adventure. The resulting mix of installations, digital video,
net art, painting and drawings deal with conspiracy, money, politics,
hidden signals and frustration fatigue.

Furtherfield Gallery&  Social Space, London
Opening Event: Saturday 16 June 2012, 2-5pm
Ends Saturday 11 August 2012
Open Thu-Fri 2-6pm, Sat 11am-6pm
contact:info at furtherfield.org

More info at Furtherfield Gallery page:
http://www.furtherfield.org/programmes/exhibition/invisible-forces

Invisible Forces Events:
http://www.furtherfield.org/programmes/activities/invisible-forces-events

Pdf Press Release here:
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery-files/Invisible-forces-press-release.pdf

-- Other Info: Furtherfield - A living, breathing, thriving network
http://www.furtherfield.org - for art, technology and social change
since 1997 Also - Furtherfield Gallery& Social Space:
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery About Furtherfield:
http://www.furtherfield.org/content/about Netbehaviour - Networked
Artists List Community. http://www.netbehaviour.org
http://identi.ca/furtherfield http://twitter.com/furtherfield