[spectre] (fwd) JOB: Professor Media Design, German Univ. Cairo

Arns HMKV Inke inke.arns at hmkv.de
Wed Jun 13 22:20:48 CEST 2012

Whow, I did not even know that a German University *existed* in Cairo - and it doesn't seem to be a fake!

Best,
Inke

Am 11.06.2012 um 15:06 schrieb { brad brace }:

> you can attempt to 'register' on this employment site but
> not actually apply for the job... be good to hear of
> alternative contacts (will likely be in the Mediterrean
> region this winter/spring)
>
> /:b
>

> On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, Andreas Broeckmann wrote:
>
>> http://www.guc.edu.eg/Career/JobDetails.aspx?jobID=270
>>
>> Position: Professor-Media Design
>> Vacancy For: Professor
>> Post Date : Tuesday, April 10, 2012
>> REF CODE : II8.2
>>
>> Position Description:
>>
>> The German University in Cairo seeks applicants for a 3 year contract
>> position at the rank of a Professor within the Faculty of Applied
>> Sciences and Arts, Media Design Department.
>>
>> The ideal candidate for the Head of the Media Design Department at the
>> GUC has at least 3-5 years of experience in the fields of interactive
>> design or media design.
>> He will need to have leadership skills and knowledge of the education
>> necessary for students pursuing a degree in the field. The Head of
>> Department is the principal academic officer for a specific program or
>> programs. Responsibilities include: day-to-day operations, assisting
>> students toward successful program completion, staffing the department
>> with instructors who support the mission of the GUC and coordinating the
>> research activities of the department.
>>
>> Qualifications :
>>
>>    -At least 3-5 years of experience working as a professor or
>> lecturer. Extensive knowledge of interviewing, hiring, and managing the
>> performance of a design team
>>    -At least 5-7 years of experience working in the field of digital
>> media design and production
>>    -Creative, conceptual thinker who can lead design projects from
>> brainstorming/concept phase through production
>>    -Demonstrated mastery of creative, interaction and experience
>> design that also integrate technology. Ability to inspire overall design
>> across a range of projects
>>    -Proven ability to plan and execute both traditional media
>> production projects, advanced web development, and interactive applications
>>    -Demonstrated understanding on H/C interaction, learning theory,
>> and media/communications design
>>    -Experience in large scale project planning, management and production
>>    -Ability to recommend and incorporate emerging technology into
>> design concepts
>>
>> Responsibilities :
>>
>>    -Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
>>    -Strong interpersonal, supervision and staffing skills
>>    -Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills
>>    -Ability to interact effectively as a leader and as a member of a
>> team and work collaboratively with other departments
>>    -Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities
>>    -Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines

------------------
Dr. Inke Arns
Artistic Director
Hartware MedienKunstVerein (HMKV) at the Dortmunder U
Leonie-Reygers-Terrasse, 44137 Dortmund
Office: Hoher Wall 15, 44137 Dortmund, Germany
T + 49 - 231 - 496642-0 (direct line -11)
F + 49 - 231 - 496642-29
M + 49 - 176 - 430 627 93
inke.arns at hmkv.de
www.hmkv.de

Suzanne Treister: HEXEN 2.0
Francis Hunger: HISTORY HAS LEFT THE BUILDING
Artur Zmijewski: DEMOCRACIES
HMKV at the Dortmunder U, 21 April - 22 July 2012