[spectre] ASCI Announces International CALL for "Vital Signs" Exhibition in NYC

Art & Science Collaborations asci at asci.org
Wed May 9 18:49:30 CEST 2012

Art & Science Collaborations, Inc. (ASCI)
announces Open Call for...

ScienceInspiresArt 2012: VITAL SIGNS

ASCI's annual, international, art-sci competition exhibition will be held at
the New York Hall of Science, September 1, 2012 - February 3, 2013.

This year we are seeking original art inspired by our biological world with
a special interest in what lies beneath its surface, and/or reflects upon
scientific research questions, processes, ethics, and the stunning
discoveries being made in biology and the biosciences today.

Previously, we only accepted original digital prints, but this year we also
welcome giclee prints made from any original 2-d art, as well as digital
photos of 3-d art if that image is compelling in its own right.

ART CO-JUROR:
Patricia Kernan, curator of the New York State Museum's illustration
collection; and curator of the museum's international, biennial, "Focus on
Nature" exhibits.

SCIENCE CO-JUROR:
Dr. Dana Boyd, microbiologist and Lecturer in the Department of Microbiology
and Immunobiology at Harvard Medical School; long-time collaborator of Joe
Davis, the "father" of bio-art.

Deadline: June 17, 2012
Details: http://www.asci.org/artikel1219.html

Please forward CALL to your colleagues!

cheers,

Cynthia Pannucci
Founder/Director
Art & Science Collaborations, Inc. (ASCI)
begun in New York City, now international
serving the art-sci-tech field for 24-years
asci at asci.org
www.asci.org