[spectre] V2_Newsletter June 2012

V2_ joris at v2.nl
Wed May 30 16:38:30 CEST 2012

*V2_Newsletter June 2012? *

V2_ is also on facebook <http://www.facebook.com/V2unstable> and twitter
<https://twitter.com/#%21/V2unstable>? ?
www.v2.nl

*????DEAF Exhibition FINAL Week* ?
*Open daily until June 3, ?10:00--18:00, POST, Coolsingel 42? ?
Admission: 12.50 / 6.00 EUR, Children <12: free?? *

The DEAF exhibition /The Power of Things/ enters its last week. It is
your last chance to see this remarkable exhibition where an ice block in
Jessica de Boer's installation "Sealed" is developing. You can play with
the subtle interaction in the landscape created by Philip Beesley and
enjoy the magical moment of the falling sponge in Olafur Eliasson's
"Notion Motion.??" ??

We would like to thank all staff and - specially - the volunteers for a
great edition of the DEAF festival! Thanks everyone, see you in 2014! ?

http://www.deaf.nl
?http://www.v2.nl/events/deaf-2012 ?
??

*Blowup: /Fiddling While Rome Burns?/*
*??June 17- 21, V2_ Eendrachtsstraat 10 *

?This edition of Blowup will be a "Book Sprint." From June 17 to 21 we
invite a group of leading thinkers, writers and artists to an intensive
four day writing session, in which they will start and finish writing a
book together. The results will be presented online. Participating
writers are David M. Berry, José Luis de Vicente, Nat Muller, Adam Hyde
and Michel van Dartel. ??

http://www.v2.nl/events/blowup-fiddling-while-rome-burns

*
Test_Lab: /Graduation Edition 2012 /*
*July 5, 20:00-23:00, V2_, Eendrachtsstraat 10? ?
Admission: Free?? ??*

The selection procedure of graduation works for this years Test_Lab:
/Graduation Edition 2012/ is in full swing. This year we choose no
theme, we just show you the best works in the field of media art
selected from European art schools. Keep an eye on the V2_ website to
see which young talents will step in the foot prints of Cesar Harada,
Nicky Assmann and Selina Savic.?? ??

*Piet Zwart Graduation Expo *
Following the Test_Lab graduation edition, Friday evening June 6, the
graduation exhibition of Piet Zwart students will open at V2_. ????

*Launch Beijerkoppen *
*?June 5, 16:00-18:00 ?Beijerlandselaan 3-5, Rotterdam*

Former newscaster Noraly Beyer will officially launch the public art
project /Beijerkoppen/ at Beijerlandselaan on June 5th. Artists Toine
Horvers and Paul Cox collaborated with V2_Lab to create this live world
wide 24/7 news stream. The artwork consists of three big full-colour
video screens, each placed in a frame. A search engine (specially
developed by V2_ for this project) collects, via different satellites,
studio images and broadcasting times of news transmissions. The program
selects from these fragments the ones where the news anchor is in the
picture and shows them in a continuous stream on the screens.

??http://www.v2.nl/events/opening-beijerkoppen

*???Call Patching Zone:? Media Wharf/Streetwise Billboards? ?*
*Deadline June 15 ????*

The Patching Zone, a sister organization of V2_, organizes wonderful
projects in Rotterdam South. The Patching Zone is looking for Master,
PhD students and/or recent graduates who want to work for one or two
semesters on the Media Wharf/Streetwise Billboards project. The call can
be found on the homepage of The Patching Zone www.patchingzone.net
(please scroll down).