[spectre] Ràdio Web MACBA: the most listened podcast this October

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 14:08:12 CET 2012

*Ràdio Web MACBA: the most listened podcast this October
*
*1- MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH.... Jonny Trunk. Part I. Produced
by Matias Rossi
*Jonny Trunk walks us through a hard-to-find and yet very familiar genre:
library music. Or as he puts it: 'The strange noise that TV makes at night.'
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/memorabilia_jonny_trunk/capsula
Playlist:
http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20121008/Memorabilia_Jonny_Trunk_eng.pdf

*2- PROBES #1. Curated by Chris Cutler*
PROBES #1 sets the scene and investigates early reconsiderations of pitch:
probes that postulate new scales to be constructed through the ever-greater
subdivision of the inherited intervals of equal temperament.
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes1_chris_cutler_/capsula
Playlist: http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20121023/Probes1_eng.pdf

*3- SON[I]A #164 (in Catalan)
*Jorge Luis Marzo talks about the relationships between art, culture and
power, and about the different forms that these have in Spain and in
Catalonia over the years.
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia_jorge_luis_marzo/capsula

*4- COMPOSING WITH PROCESS: PERSPECTIVES ON GENERATIVE AND SYSTEMS MUSIC
#8.1. Models of change. Curated by Mark Fell and Joe Gilmore
*This episode considers the notion of change in music. It looks at how
scientific and mathematical concepts can be used to model change in the
acoustic domain.
Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/composingwithprocess_8_mark_fell_joe_gilmore/capsula
Playlist: http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20121009/Composingwithprocess8_eng.pd
*
5- SON[I]A #165 (in Spanish)
*Miguel Noguera talks about the start of his career as an illustrator and a
stand up comedian, his working methods and his vision of contemporary art.
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia_miguel_noguera/capsula

*6- PROBES #1.2. Auxiliaries. Curated by Chris Cutler
*In this music selection we look further at microtonal divisons based on
equal temperament.
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes1-2_chris_cutler_/capsula
Playlist: http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20121023/Probes1_2_eng.pdf