[spectre] DATABITME... WTF?

Thierry Théolier spamrobotmultidentity at noos.fr
Sun Oct 21 13:04:43 CEST 2012

Hello,

Do you know this french festival call databitme in Arles (south) ?
Here we go...

<<>>|.-.|+_+ <<>>|.-.|+_+ <<>>|.-.|+_+ <<>>|.-.|

" Databit.me is born in 2010 in Saint Rémy de Provence and aimed to be
since its beginning a laboratory for meetings and cultural innovation.
Open to contemporary digital creation, this festival works as a place of
transmission and mediation with workshops and master-classes. It is also
a creative time with residences and exchanges between artists and the
public.

The mass media largely surround our lives.
They impose a culture and worldview.
Their criticisms seem somewhat obvious. Dissenting voices are
suppressed, recycled, treated ... The "broadcast" discharge astronomical
amounts of images, sounds, games (video) colonize the Internet,
computers, television, radio ... They are the "elementary particles" of
our gregarious lives. They flood us with contents that become materials
we should get to build our culture, by sharing knowledge and in link
with our aspirations. A walk against this age of instant ... How to
regain control of this media tsunami vehiculing mainstream culture.

Air.

Databit.me would like to be in that place, between art, criticism and
culture. The fields of digital need to be (re)-invested ... so it does
not end up by becoming, that supermarket ... Open minds to have a human
alternative to the hegemony comptability. Let's dreams a lot. Transform
the information superhighway into little walk paths. Play with the
relationship to reality, to build our virtual ...

Symbolically it is a struggle. Corruption of contents, diversions are
tools of resistance, facing the liberal culture bulldozer. Open space,
multiply the worldviews. Seek to be in a rich singularity. Produce
unique tools, to build part of our culture.
Have fun with technology, learn hard to reach knowledge in this
perpetual race for novelty. Play the boundaries between art and
technique ...

Search for other dimensions."

http://www.databit.me/

watch the final of my reading....