[spectre] New podcast: MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH... Kenneth Goldsmith. Part II

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 14:54:42 CEST 2012

*MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH... Kenneth Goldsmith. Part II*

*Music selected by Kenneth Goldsmith. Mix produced by Roc Jiménez de
Cisneros*

Link: http://bit.ly/OEgBBb
Related info: http://bit.ly/NBWQ1p
MP3: http://bit.ly/Uj3GHu

This is a collection of various strange bumpers that I used on my WFMU
radio show, which ran from 1996–2010. Many of them became weekly signature
sounds signifying for many listeners that it was time to turn off the radio
for the next three hours. My show – known variously over the years as
'Unpopular Music' or 'Anal Magic' – was perhaps the most-hated show ever
broadcast on WFMU. I have over a thousand bumpers, but for this podcast,
I’ve selected about 40 of the best ones. Sometimes, I would do three hour
radio shows, just stringing together one bumper after another. Most of
these clips are of indeterminate origin, grabbed willy-nilly over the
course of fifteen years, snagged from various LPs, cassette tapes, CDs and
gems plucked from Napster. *Kenneth Goldsmith, 2012.*

+ info:
http://rwm.macba.cat/investigacion/memorabilia_kenneth_goldsmith/capsula
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/memorabilia_kenneth_goldsmith_conversation/capsula
http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/draft/kenneth_lecture.mp3