[spectre] Aharon at the WAG - Widget Art Gallery. April 9th - May 9th, 2013

Chiara Passa chiarapassa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 16:54:45 CEST 2013

Dear friends & colleagues,

I'm glad to share with you the Aharon's 'howtopracticeashowshow' at
the WAG - Widget Art Gallery on IPhone, IPod touch and IPad form April
9th until May 9th, 2013.

About the WAG:

The “WAG" is a mini 3-dimensional, single room gallery that fits into
your pocket 'cause I've developed it for IPhone, IPod Touch and I Pad.
Every month, directly on your mobile, The “WAG” hosts a solo digital
art exhibition related to the dynamic site-specific contest. So, the
Widget Art Gallery works both as a sort of kunsthall showing temporary
exhibitions and as a permanent collections museum because conserves
all the past exhibitions inside an online archive. For IPhone and IPod
touch, just copy this url http://www.chiarapassa.it/wag/mobile/ in
Safari and choose: “add to home” and the WAG's icon will be saved on
your IPhone. Do the same for IPad but paste this other URL:
http://www.chiarapassa.it/wagipad/mobile/, or download the widget
version for Mac osx dashboard at:
http://www.chiarapassa.it/publicart.html . Past exhibitions at:
http://the-widget-art-gallery.blogspot.com/
To know more about the Widget Art Gallery, I suggest to read my latest
interview on Rhizome
http://rhizome.org/editorial/2012/oct/29/gallery-your-pocket/

Exceptionally for this exhibition, due the different technical
specifications, you can use the same URL for IPhone and IPad:
http://www.chiarapassa.it/wagipad/mobile/

Enjoy the show!

Very best, Chiara.

About the exhibition:

How to practice a show show of an un done show via de-of-ing of a show
through NonElegancing code show? - is a complex sounding short
description of a possibly simpler kind of practice.

The practice questions how elements such as art exhibition/show
contexts, material sensitivity, codes and algorithms, can be a
way/technology for shared cultural imagining. In my version, the
shared cultural element is done through negotiative processes that, in
themselves, attempt to:
* offer a critique of the questions.
* allow the doing activities as positives, of various negative
elements (the Non, the De, and the Un), hence having to negotiate its
way.
* allow the possibility of self critique for the process.
* be the directional material for the practice. (i.e. to provide
various "directions of negotiations": e.g. a person to person and an
organisation;  a person Through a person to a machine to an
organisation, a person through code to many, a person to person to
many and the many to just one of these, and so on..)

To do the practice, at least in this 1st attempt, the process has
already began through negotiations  between Chiara Passa - the WAG
curator - and me. (aharon) The negotiations were to do with the
general look, feel and activities in WAG, during the month of
practising at the gallery. Here are the .coded^^ files.

The gallery will contain:
* information of how to negotiate uploading of .coded artworld^ websites
* how to negotiate contacting relevant people & organisations to tell
them their material has been .coded
* documentation - if any - of negotiations regarding the .coding of
artworld sites.
* compressed files of .coded sites to download.
* the look, and reflections on it, of the WAG.

^
There are a fair few "artworlds" - e.g. http://plausibleartworlds.org/
to begin with.
In this instance, the practice is negotiating with the art environment
that is geared towards sustaining cultural activities - at times
critical as well - through numerical & power motivated investments &
gains. (ie an art environment that is mainly interested in the
transcendence of cultural elements into various forms of power, rather
than an interest in, for example, forms of art..)

^^
.coded (DotCoded) files are documents that their extensions was
changed to .code. This is done to indicate that people can open these
files as the binary or text code they are stored with. The intention
is to view the code rather than the image/s or read the text, etc..

Aharon's website: http://aharonic.net/how-to-practice-show-show-at-wag

--
Chiara Passa - new media artist
chiarapassa at gmail.com