[spectre] Online art panel with Richard Clar, Roger Malina, Daniela de Paulis

Richard Clar rclar at arttechnologies.com
Fri Apr 19 10:09:38 CEST 2013

History changed on October 4, 1957, when the Soviet Union successfully
launched Sputnik, thus marking the dawn of the Space Age. With humankind
gaining access into outer space for the first time in history, the
launch of Sputnik changed the way we see our planet and we see ourselves
in relation to the universe.

As part of AstroArt for Global Astronomy Month 2013, Roger Malina,
Richard Clar and Daniela de Paulis will discuss how art changed after
the launch of Sputnik, by presenting and examining works by contemporary
artists, during the live panel on 21 April from 18:00 to 19:00 UT.

The Art panel can be followed live on:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cammbckch615ckbs1ld847stoeo?cfem=1

This event is endorsed by ITACCUS and is produced by Astronomers Without
Borders and Cosmoquest.

AstroArt is an art project by Daniela de Paulis, in collaboration with
Richard Clar, Thilina Heenatigala, Bob Eklund, Matthew Whitehouse and
Kathleen Horner.

More information on the AstroArt GAM 2013 events can be found on:
http://www.astronomerswithoutborders.org/gam2013/programs/1334-astroart.html