[spectre] CiTiZEN KiNO presents "20th Century Fix, social media is retro-hackable!" ( 25+27.01 in Berlin )

podinski podska at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 11:06:36 CET 2013

Dear Spectres,

Transmediale 2013 is nearly upon us... And the XLterrestrials would
like to invite you to our CiTiZEN KINO debut !

As part of TM's "P2P Vorspiel" program, a continuation and new
development of last year's Re:Source project, the festival takes
further steps to be more engaged with the local curators and resident
artists of Berlin. Beginning the weekend prior to the main festival
(at HKW), from Jan 25 -27, over 35 venues will be participating w/
discussions, installations, performances and workshops.

In this version specially written and curated for TRANSMEDIALE’s BWPWAP
theme ( Back When Pluto Was A Planet ), we explore the possibilities of
“RETRO-HACKING”…

XLterrestrials and CiTiZEN KiNO present
 "20th Century Fix, social media for social bodies is retro-hackable!"

FRIDAY: 25.01.13
at Naherholung  Sternchen,
Berolinastraße 7
Berlin Mitte
20:00h + 24:00h

+

SUNDAY: 27.01.13 :
at Panke venue
Gerichtstr. 23, Hof 5.
Wedding - Berlin
14:00h + 20:00h

You can follow updates to the C-Kino program and links to venues and
collaborators here:
http://xlterrestrials.org/plog/?p=10068

And if you wish, the Fedbook invite is here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/564093853619957/?ref=22

:::

About :

CitiZen Kino's “20th Century Fix ...is retro-hackable !"

C-Kino is a hybrid of cinema, theater and digital culture, where we
collectively navigate
the topical storms and/or currents. An ongoing experimental and
expanded cinema format performed in a variety of venues.

As the trajectory of internet and digital culture is producing a
dangerous and/or unwinnable corporate landscape in
opposition to organisms living in chaotic, diverse and collaborative
social settings, we seek an emergency exit…
"This is no steampunk fantasy, not a hypothetical or sci-fi exercise,
but an extreme tactical maneuver." XLt analyst

In 1908, Charles Pathe’, the son of a butcher shop owner, invented the
newsreel in France. By the 21st century, the medium had devolved into
such artless and disconnected spectacles, so removed from consensus
reality, that a so-called information society began to resemble the
blind and automatic mimicry of a crippling malware. C-Kino goes back
in retrospex to change the course of those early gatherings in the
dark to create another kind of collective and interventionist
‘newsReal’ engagement.

w/ special guests from Telekommunisten's Octo project, Topsy Qur'et, Andre
Werner ( Director's Lounge ) ... and more...

A possible playlist of works includes :
Sylvia Schedelbauer,
André Werner,
Yin-Ju Chen and James T. Hong,
Peter Greenaway,
Laibach + Jan Svankmajer,
Travis Wilkerson,
Telekommunisten and Topsy Qur’et
Martha Colburn + Mystical Weapons (w/ Julian Lennon)
Anonymous,
Occupy,
Idle No More
Charles Pathe,
Resonance by James Russell,
Chris Jordan,
Bruce Sterling,
DeepSpeed Media,
and more to come…

Part 1

CiTiZEN KiNO : “20th Century Fix, social media ... is retro-hackable ! “

FRIDAY: 25.01.13
at Naherholung  Sternchen,
Berolinastraße 7
Berlin Mitte

20:30h :: C-Kino begins
23:30h :: Kino Xxtra excerpt + Afterparty

Djs/Vjs/Xjs : w/ shellac Dj Topher Rose ( Salon Obskur ),
Mini Matika ( Zentrale Randlage, Kunst Kacke Soundsystem),
Podinski ( XLt, Badehaus + Piranha Events),
+ special live act
A/V/Band w/ vj Fader ( US/AT) ...
and Xxtra visuals by the XLterrestrials.

((  We are THE late nite spot for P2P Vorspiel, come celebrate with us,
our >>21st edition<< of Citizen Kino and 2 YEARS of cinematic attak in
Berlin !!!  ))

Part 2

CiTiZEN KiNO : “20th Century Fix, social media ... is retro-hackable ! “

SUNDAY: 27.01.13 :
at Panke venue
Gerichtstr. 23, Hof 5.
Wedding - Berlin

2 shows:
14:00h a sunday brunch + film/performance matinee ( all ages ) …
20:00h, C-Kino begins, an evening '''Adult X'' version

€ 3-to-8 - suggested donations - and no one turned away for lack of funds.
( Xtra donations welcome for Sunday brunch by Panke )

Hope you will join us for these Xxtraordinary events!!

dr. Podinski
& the XLT

Links:

+