[spectre] New podcast: Bill Verplank. Deleted scenes

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 12:24:54 CEST 2013

*New podcast: Bill Verplank. Deleted scenes*

We dig up an unreleased interview with interaction designer Bill Verplank,
recorded during his visit to Barcelona for the International Conference on
"Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction".

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/bill_verplank_2/capsula

Ever since his involvement in the influential Xerox Star project in the
seventies, Bill Verplank has been a true pioneer in the discipline of
interaction design. To this day, many of the metaphors and models
underlying a host of human-computer interfaces, remain deeply indebted to
the ideas developed by him and his contemporaries decades ago. We dig up an
unreleased interview recorded during his visit to Barcelona for the
International Conference on "Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction".

*00:00* The basis of interaction design
*02:59* The experience at Xerox Star
*05:15* The evolution of interaction
*06:11* On academic ladders