[spectre] The middle finger response - crowd workers of the world, united in a gesture.

Guido Segni guido.segni at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 18:29:57 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

I've just released an online brand new work.

The Middle Finger Response is a curated selection of 300+ spontaneous self
portraits of cloud workers I commisiioned travelling around one of the most
represantive crowdsourcing platform: Amazon Mechanical Turk.

All the workers in the selection have been paid about 0.5$ in order to take
a webcam picture of themselves showing their face, their context and,
ultimately, their middle finger response.

It's just a cynical but sincere attempt to establish a dialogue between the
artist, the public and the crowd dispersed through the new frontiers of
leisure, labour and exploitation in the age of the big cloud.

Check it @ www.crowdworkersoftheworldunite.com
or @ http://www.guidosegni.com/wwwork/the-middle-finger-response

Cheers,
Guido Segni