[spectre] Most listened podcasts - August 2013 - Ràdio Web MACBA

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 10:55:48 CEST 2013

*Most listened podcasts - August 2013 - Ràdio Web MACBA*

*1- INTERRUPTIONS #14 Mattergy. Curated by Carl Michael von Hausswolff*

Carl Michael von Hausswolf opens our ears to the most obscure side of the
radiowaves: a very strange place in the electromagnetic spectrum, where
energy turns into sounding matter.

Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/carl_michael_von_hausswolff_mattergy/capsula
Playlist: http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20130812/14interruptions_eng.pdf

*2- SON[I]A #119. Interview with Allan Sekula*

Interview with Allan Sekula about the relationship between art and
photography, about artistic activism, the role of the artist in the public
sphere and "Waiting for Tear Gas".

Link:  http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/allan_sekula/capsula

*3- INTERRUPTIONS #13 The inhuman voice. Curated by Genís Segarra*

Since the late eighteenth century, speech therapists, linguists,
entrepreneurs, artists and musicians have nurtured the dream of emulating
human speech. In this mix, Genís Segarra offers a personal overview of a
subject that fascinates him, with the story of voice synthesis as a
narrative thread.

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/genis_segarra_inhuman_voice/capsula
Playlist: http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20130626/13Interruptions_eng.0.pdf

*4- MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH... Conversation with Vicki Bennett
on her sound collection*

This is an email conversation with plunderphonic artist and sound collector
Vicki Bennett, which took place in Summer 2013.

Link:  http://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/conversation_vicki_bennett/capsula
PDF:
http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20130820/memorabilia_vicki_bennett_conversation_eng.pdf

*5- CASCANDO Variations for another dramatic piece. A reintrepretation of
Samuel Beckett's play 'Cascando', by Joan Morey *

Presented in the galleries of the Museum on 23 February 2013 within the
programme Experience MACBA, 'Cascando. Variations for another dramatic
piece' is part of a radio play by Samuel Beckett, adapted and produced by
Joan Morey.

Link:  http://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/samuel_beckett_joan_morey/capsula
PDF: http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20130718/Cascando_eng.pdf

*6- PROBES #5 Curated by Chris Cutler*

This fifth programme sets the scene for a wide range of very different
approaches to the exploration of timbre and looks at ways of modifying or
preparing the traditional piano.

Link : http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes5_chris_cutler_/capsula
Playlist: http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20130806/Probes5_eng.pdf
Transcript:
http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20130801/05probes_transcript_eng.pdf

* 7- PROBES #4.2 Auxiliaries. Curated by Chris Cutler*

 In this music selection we look further into sliding pitches,
concentrating this time on their use in popular music, before moving on to
wholly unpitched probes that begin to map the many aspects of
differentiated noise.

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes4-2_chris_cutler_/capsula
Playlist: http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20130708/Probes4_2_eng.pdf

*8- SON[I]A #72. Interview with Beatriz Preciado (Only available in Spanish)
*

Entrevista a Beatriz Preciado, profesora del PEI y responsable del taller
"El arte después de los feminismos".

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/beatriz_preciado2/capsula

*9 - PROBES #1. Curated and produced by Chris Cutler*

PROBES #1 sets the scene and investigates early reconsiderations of pitch:
probes that postulate new scales to be constructed through the ever-greater
subdivision of the inherited intervals of equal temperament.

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes1_chris_cutler_/capsula

 *10- SON[I]A #181 (Only available in Castillano)*

Entrevista con Mariana David y María Virginia Jaua sobre el colectivo
artístico SEMEFO, que irrumpió en la década de los noventa en la escena
mejicana con una propuesta que exploraba la noción e implicaciones de la
muerte mediante la manipulación del cadáver y sus transformaciones.

 Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/semefo/capsula

Enjoy!