[spectre] Petition: Support Amsterdam's Slavic Department

Geert Lovink geert at desk.nl
Tue Dec 9 13:46:19 CET 2014

From: Ellen Rutten <ellenrutten at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Subject: Petition: Support Amsterdam's Slavic Department
To: Ellen Rutten <ellen.rutten at uva.nl>

Dear students, colleagues, and friends,

With this email, I am contacting you in my capacity as head of Amsterdam's Slavic Department. Currently our department threatens to be minimized drastically as a result of faculty-wide budget cuts. Most notably, our full BA programs in Czech, Polish, and Serbian Croatian -- programs which are an increasing academic rarity -- threaten to be transformed into minor tracks.

In this online petition, we ask for support for the department and explain why it matters to a range of academic and societal partners. Perhaps you want to considering signing? If so, do also spread the word. Thanks for your support!

Yours,
Ellen Rutten