[spectre] UpStage 10th Birthday! 9-10 January 2014

helen varley jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Mon Jan 6 04:04:18 CET 2014

Happy new year everyone :)

As we move into 2014, the auspicious 10th birthday of UpStage is less
than a week away! Dedicated UpStagers are busy with final preparations
for the launch of UpStage v3, three performances, the networked
symposium, and a planning meeting that will take place over two days on
9-10 January.

The performances are:

  * /Vita cyberformativa/ by Miljana Peric
  * /Balloon/ by Petyr Veenstra, Floris Sirag and Gabriella Sacco
  * /Etheatre Project and Collaborators./

Information about the performances and presentations is available here
<http://upstage.org.nz/blog/?p=5782>; the full programme, with time
converters, is here <http://upstage.org.nz/blog/?page_id=5734>. There
will be live links from the programme to the stages on the day.

The networked symposium takes place online and at Signalraum in Munich,
with presentations by Annie Abrahams, Isabel Valverde and Christina
Papagiannouli. There will be live links to the presentations from the
programme page. Thanks very much to Horst Konietzny and his team at
Signalraum <http://www.signalraum.de> for hosting the symposium.

We would also like to thank MAD emergent art centre
<http://www.madlab.nl/> in Eindhoven for streaming support, AUT
<http://www.aut.ac.nz/> for the student programmer team, and CityLink
<http://www.citylink.co.nz/> for their ongoing hosting of the UpStage
server.

And of course big thank yous to those who have donated! If you haven't
yet, it's not too late to surprise us with a birthday gift to UpStage
<http://upstage.org.nz/blog/?page_id=278> - show your support and
appreciation for 10 years of fun and experimental cyberformance in UpStage!

We look forward to seeing you all at the celebrations!
--
vicki smith & helen varley jamieson
UpStage birthday architects
info at upstage.org.nz