[spectre] Call for Artworks: Suggestions for Art that Could Be Called Red

susanne jaschko sj at sujaschko.de
Mon Jun 2 15:01:07 CEST 2014

The Museum of Contemporary Cuts (MoCC) would like to bring to your
attention a call for artworks for an exhibition project that is loosely
connected to the recently launched Leonardo Electronic Almanac edition
RED ART New Utopias in Data Capitalism.
http://www.leoalmanac.org/vol-20-no-1-red-art/

In 2012, Lanfranco Aceti, Visiting Fellow at Goldsmiths and NYU and
Editor in Chief of LEA, founded in 2012 an online platform called
'Museum of Contemporary Cuts' (MoCC) which works in tandem with physical
spaces of international galleries.
http://museumofcontemporarycuts.org/

Next month Lanfranco Aceti and Susanne Jaschko (Senior Curators) will
present an online exhibition at MoCC called provokingly 'Suggestions for
Art that Could Be Called Red,' which will coincide with a show at Kasa
Gallery titled 'An Opera of Labour and Revolution.' The show
'Suggestions for Art that Could Be Called Red' will be announced on
e-flux and through other channels to generate maximum attention.
http://museumofcontemporarycuts.org/suggestions-for-art-that-could-be-called-red/

We would like to invite you to contribute work to this show in the form
of images or videos. For examples, please have a look at the previous
exhibitions on MoCC.
http://museumofcontemporarycuts.org/exhibitions/

We would like to present a wide and controversial range of work, that
could inspire a debate of what 'red art' could be today, and expand the
predominantly scholarly discourse initiated in Leonardo through examples
of artistic practice.

The artworks will be selected through a careful review process by the
curators.

If you want to contribute to the show -- which we very much hope --
please send us a download link for video-based works and/or 3 images at
2000px wide and 1200px for web and device. Please don't forget the
credits and captions for each.

The files must arrive by June 25, but we would be glad to receive any
material before this date and can be emailed to
info at museumofcontemporarycuts.org
<mailto:info at museumofcontemporarycuts.org> with subject heading "Red Art."

If you are interested to participate or have any questions, please let
us know at the email contact above.

Link:
http://museumofcontemporarycuts.org/suggestions-for-art-that-could-be-called-red/

susanne jaschko