[spectre] Kritikos, V.11 Jan. - March 2014

Nicholas Ruiz III editor at intertheory.org
Sat Mar 8 23:22:36 CET 2014

Kritikos, V.11 Jan. - March 2014

Kant or Machiavelli?...(a.h.lesser)

http://intertheory.org/kant-machiavelli-AHLesser.htm

Kritikos Reviews: http://intertheory.org/reviews.htm

Intertheory Press, new books 2014:

Order now:

Art After the Avant-Garde: Baudrillard's Challenge

http://intertheory.org/coulter-baudrillard-avant-garde.htm

by Gerry  Coulter

Product Description
After we have read Jean Baudrillard it is difficult to see the world as we previously did. Baudrillard offered a strong challenge to art and artists, as he did everyone else. Many believe that Baudrillard was against art when he was really against the majority of things which some person or group has attempted to pass off as art. Baudrillard’s significance for art however, is that he wipes the decks clear and allows us to think anew about the art we love, and the art we do not. One of the implications of this book - a book about seeing art after taking Baudrillard seriously - is that we learn art never had a better friend, than Jean Baudrillard.

About the Author
Gerry Coulter is the founding editor of the International Journal of Baudrillard Studies, and the author of Jean Baudrillard: From the Ocean to the Desert, or the Poetics of Radicality. He has received Bishop’s University’s highest award for teaching – the William and Nancy Turner Prize.