[spectre] autonomy (im)possible in the shadow of radical-openness?

ahanon aha at aharonic.net
Fri May 30 02:43:23 CEST 2014

Hiyas!

Hope this finds you all well!

A more linkie and detailed version of the data bellow - http://arty.li/ZMt

A few months ago I applied to attend the radical-openness 2014 event.

The application was rejected and that gave rise to what seems like an
interesting opportunity to Do the stuff suggested on the application in a
different way - a manner which might be perceived as being in the shadow
of the event taking place until 31/05/14.

The initial idea imagined doing a workshop-kind-of-thing where:
* people will spread/walk/etc around town.
* gather "shadow-spots", ie some sort of data/recordings of stuff that is
in shadows, un/less-seen/notice-able.
* upload & share the shadow-spots via the narcissus search engine.
http://searchnarcissus.net - A search engine that is biased towards
elements a community might place in its shadows..

Instead of having to Be in one single geo environment, perhaps people
could do Shadow Spotting where they are at and when the inspiration comes?

Because I happened to fancy doing this activity + am heavily involved
already with the Narcissus Search engine, am suggesting that if during the
30/31.05.14:
* people who might want to write, jot, draw, take pics, make code, record
sounds, take times, links, plant, spit, yell, laugh, kiss, dress-up,
de-code, spin-wheels, surf, etc. Etc. ETc ++ all somehow linking to shadow
spots spotting.
Elements you might notice that are in shadow of others, or that are just
less notice-able, or perhaps just happened in the shadow of time, of
movement, or that you consider "shadowy" somehow, etc..
The "shadow" is a personal definition, and in itself, these definitions
might become shadows of one another on the search engine..
(Shadow-Spotting can be done at any time of the day/night while going
about doing whatever a person might do in town..)

* I'd be happy to chat about these activities via skype/phone/email and
perhaps assist in uploading to the narcissus site, make your own narcissus
search site, link-up stuff that searches from shadow spotting, etc..

Since am attempting to share rather than communicate - any clarification
questions are Uber-Welcome..

Cheers and much pun-free fun!

aharon
xx

aha at aharonic dot net
http://aharonic.net/contact-aharon/

btw: i asked if they are fine with me doing this in their shadow. was told
its cool! :)