[spectre] The Luxury Reader

Geert Lovink geert at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 9 11:16:46 CEST 2014

From: John Armitage <j.armitage21 at btinternet.com>

Dear all

I am currently working with Bloomsbury on a number of book projects related to conceptions of luxury, including co-editing The Luxury Reader.

One such tentative project is my editorship of a book series, provisionally entitled “Luxury and …”

Consequently, I invite anyone who might be interested in submitting a book proposal for a monograph on themes related to luxury to contact me.

Your monograph proposal could focus on the relationship between luxury and: advertising; media; cultural studies; philosophy; literary theory; politics; sociology; anthropology; social/cultural theory; art history; film theory; feminism; video games; graphic art; fashion; textiles; fine art; design; and luxury branding.

“Luxury and” will be an inter-disciplinary book series edited by Professor John Armitage at Winchester School of Art-University of Southampton and published by Bloomsbury.

Please contact j.armitage at soton.ac.uk for further details concerning your proposal.

Best wishes.

John

Professor John Armitage, PhD
Founder and Co-editor: Cultural Politics
Co-Director: Winchester Luxury Research Group
Winchester School of Art
University of Southampton
Park Avenue
Winchester
Hampshire
SO23 8DL
UK

(e) (w): j.armitage at soton.ac.uk
(e) (h): j.armitage21 at btinternet.com
(e) (h): professorjohnarmitage at gmail.com
(t)(w): +44 (0)23 8059 6928
(t) (m): +44 (0)7703 448926

Visit the Cultural Politics website at Duke University Press:
https://www.dukeupress.edu/Cultural-Politics/

My latest article: “Luxury New Media: Euphoria in Unhappiness”
Available in Luxury: History, Culture, Consumption Volume 1(1)
Bloomsbury Publishing: http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/journal/luxury/