[spectre] Open call for book artists! Library Thoughts 5

{ brad brace } bbrace at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 27 12:46:04 CET 2014

http://bradbrace.net/books.html
* see also: 12hr-ISBN-JPEG Project
-^---------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLASSIC AVANT-GARDE SELF-PUBLISHED ARTISTS-BOOKS AVAILABLE:

 This series of self-published ISBN Bookworks is a gradual
and extensive accumulation and sequencing of homogeneous
photographic imagery. The latest three titles in a
continuing interdependent series are available at cost.
These books consist entirely of halftone photographs (no
text), printed full-page-bleed on newsprint; web-offset and
perfect-bound.  Landscape-format 9"x12" and 128--1024 pages.
Each book is entitled only with its ISBN (International
Standard Book Number) number on colored cover stock.
(Beautiful hyperbolic ornaments!!) These books are
distributed and exhibited world-wide.

>>> Three Titles for us$45 includes postage anywhere.

	ISBN 0-9690745-0-6
	ISBN 0-9690745-1-4
	ISBN 0-9690745-2-2

	or, One Title for us$20 including postage.

 **You may request to receive the subsequent titles for examination
with the purchase of these three titles.

Forward cash, check, or money order to:

					Brad Brace Books
					Portland Oregon
					97219 USA
					-----------------------

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ASIN/0969074514
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ASIN/0969074506
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ASIN/0969074522
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BKE5762

>> Poetic Descriptions of the ISBN BOOKS:

  > from the Art Metropole Catalogue:

			*ISBN 0-9690745-0-6*

Synopsis: The lights of the cruise ship dance their reflections across
the water. The accompanying book whose title is its ISBN (International
Standard Book Number) is the fifth of a number of titles looming on the
horizon. It took form sporadically over the past year; the various stages
in its production occurring across a wide geographical area in central
N.S. There are several anchoring positions for ships in the middle of
Halifax Harbour. The shavings are residue from whittling activity. The
anchoring-positions are not visible until they are occupied, usually for
no more than a few days. It is the suddenness of another new vessel in
the harbour which disperses its otherwise substantive quality. All seems
lost.
--

			**ISBN 0-9690745-1-4**

Epigraph: Eyes half-closed. Nothing as strong as solace. Do the themes
still connect? A Venus day is longer than a Venus year, the National
Geographic Society says. A selection was assembled from more than 2000
photographs taken over an eight month period the year before last. Erect
walking became necessary when female pre-hominids lost their estrus
cycle. The street runs below the window which is above the cinema.
Everything in place. Nothing is ever forgotten, only displaced. The
planet spins on its axis once every 243 Earth days and orbits the Sun
every 224.7 Earth days. Pyramids have always been. What you once thought
still holds. The man who invented the first lighthouse perished in his
own primitive model. "It was a totally whimsical point. It's inarguable
of course. The evidence is all around. The facts are there."
--

			**ISBN 0-9690745-2-2**

Addenda: Just between you and me. There was no other. Who does our past
belong to tonight? We understand at last. And while we slept, we
vanished. The walls of the world fell in on us. We claimed always to
abide by terms. Shattered mirrors and sliding panels. Always. Except when
we choose not to. One must keep alert to all possibilities. The old
Indian pearl diver clambered onto the dock, grinning and shaking the
water from our body. At night we could hear our mind ticking like some
cheap alarm clock. Radio broadcasts played on tribal feelings. Our voice
trailed off. Truth was delay. A heavy splash followed many ripples. Food,
batteries and water-purifying chemicals arrived over the week-end.
--

This sequence of printed books began in the early eighties amidst an
egalitarian spirit of numerous self-published artists/authors who