[spectre] (fwd) CFP: BALANCE-UNBALANCE conference 2015 [media arts & climate change]

Andreas Broeckmann broeckmann at leuphana.de
Thu Sep 25 13:16:26 CEST 2014

From: ricardo.dalfarra at concordia.ca

BALANCE-UNBALANCE international conference. March 27-29, 2015 (Arizona
State University, USA).

Balance-Unbalance (BunB) brings multiple disciplines together to explore
intersections between nature, art, science, new technologies and society
to advance ecological awareness and sustainability practices and to
inspire wide-ranging community engagement in the face of unprecedented
environmental challenges.

We are living in a world at the tipping point, where the equilibrium
between a healthy environment and the energy our society needs to
maintain or improve its lifestyle and its interconnected economies could
collapse more quickly than expected. The conference envisions the
[media/electronic/sound] arts as a catalyst for reimagining our current
environments.

Information about previous editions of BALANCE-UNBALANCE:
BunB 2013 (Australia): http://www.balance-unbalance2013.org/
BunB 2011 (Canada): http://balance-unbalance2011.hexagram.ca/
BunB 2010 (Argentina): http://www.ceiarteuntref.edu.ar/eq-deseq-en

The call for papers, posters, installations/performances and
transdisciplinary activities and panels for BALANCE-UNBALANCE 2015 is
open. More information on: http://www.balance-unbalance2015.org/

DEADLINE for submissions: November 1st, 2014.
Submissions page: http://www.balance-unbalance2015.org/?page_id=37

- - -