[spectre] New podcast: A rare interview in English with the philosopher and art historian Georges Didi-Huberman.

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 13:32:19 CET 2015

New podcast: A rare interview in English with the philosopher and art
historian Georges Didi-Huberman.

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/georges-didi-huberman/capsula

 Georges Didi-Huberman is a philosopher and art historian. He is a lecturer
at École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales in Paris, where he explores
the links between images, words and politics. After his early work on
photography and hysteria, Didi-Huberman has gone on to publish more than
thirty books about history and the theory of the image, exploring examples
that range from the Renaissance to Contemporary Art.

SON[I]A talks to Didi-Huberman about the problems regarding the way in
which we see and interpret images, a problematic issue that stems from the
definition of what an image is, and from the hierarchy that has
historically been imposed on the dialectic between words and images.

Timeline

00:58 Words and images

04:32 Signs and symptoms

09:08 Knowledge and not-knowledge