[spectre] Dark Days with Ellie Harrison

furtherfield furtherfielder at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 15:18:23 CET 2015

Sorry for any cross posting

Dark Days with Ellie Harrison
Review by Caren Gilbert

Caren Gilbert shares the experience of trying to find consensus on how we
should approach life after the apocalype in the pop-up community of Ellie
Harrison's "Dark Days" sleep-over at Glasgow's Gallery of Modern Art.

"Lately, I have noticed in myself a tendency to sign up for events which
reveal little of what to expect beforehand. This leads to a heady mix of
anticipation and mild terror. Dark Days, the brainchild of Ellie Harrison
fitted that description, although I felt that at 16hrs long, it was a mere
blip on my riskometer, compared to week-long excursions I’ve previously
taken into the unknown. In short, I would be spending the night in
Glasgow’s Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA), in a pop-up community of 99
strangers, contemplating how we might manage to live together (put up with
each other) in a future where buildings might need to be used in ways which
serve the needs of the population better…Count me in!"

http://www.furtherfield.org/features/reviews/dark-days-ellie-harrison