[spectre] Call for applications | School of Machines, Making & Make-Believe

Claudine Chen claudine at schoolofma.org
Tue Sep 15 16:38:12 CEST 2015

The School of Machines, Making, and Make Believe in Berlin have a great new program for you in November 2015 called Facts and Fictions in the Age of Data: Art, Technology, and Data Visualisation. Please apply, or distribute further - Thanks!

Call for applications | Facts and Fictions in the Age of Data: Art, Technology, and Data Visualisation

School of Machines, Making & Make-Believe, Berlin, Germany
PROGRAM DATES: 2 November - 27 November 2015
Application deadline: 27 September 2015

<info at schoolofma.org>
<http://schoolofma.org/>

School of Machines, Making & Make-Believe is excited to announce 'Facts and Fictions in the Age of Data: Art, Technology, and Data Visualisation', an exploration at the intersection of technology, art, design and human connection.

How can we create meaningful experiences using data to explore the facts and fictions of our modern-day lives? How can a thoughtful and more personal exploration of data visualisation and storytelling provide us new ways of understanding the world around us and ourselves? In this four-week program we'll take a hands-on, creative and analytical approach to exploring these questions and more, learning data visualisation and storytelling from the ground up in a variety of conceptual, digital, and physical formats.

Well-known professionals in the field of data visualisation will lead intensive workshops over a four week period in Berlin, Germany. From concept to sketching, using various data-collection techniques, working with data-sets and crafting stories from them, we’ll provide a unique and in-depth opportunity to learn the fundamentals of this new and emerging field. Final exhibition of work to be shown in Berlin.

This is a unique opportunity to work with data while learning the ins- and outs of data visualisation and storytelling in a four-week full-time intensive program.

To learn more, ask questions and submit an application, visit http://schoolofma.org <http://schoolofma.org/>.

APPLY NOW before spaces run out!