[spectre] Ràdio Web MACBA most listened podcasts - March 2016

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:38:42 CEST 2016

*Ràdio Web MACBA most listened podcasts - March 20161- SON[I]A #223. Abu
Ali (only available in Spanish)*
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/abu-ali-toni-serra/capsula

Toni Serra/Abu Ali talks about trance, light, shadows, transitions,
conditions of life and possibility, about seeing and concealing, about
dreaming and unlearning. And about plants, of course.

*2- SON[I]A #156. Silvia Federici*
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/silvia_federici/capsula
Interview with Silvia Federici about new models of communalism and of
revalorisation of reproductive work that allow us to confront/address the
debacle of the capitalist system.

*3- PROBES #17. Curated by Chris Cutler *
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes17-2-chris-cutler/capsula
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes17-2-chris-cutler/capsula>
In this new auxiliary Chris Cutler follows the gamelan, falls into further
experiments with percussion and slides inexorably into exotic appropriation.

*4- SON[I]A # 217. Antoni Hervás (only available in Spanish)*
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/es/sonia/antoni-hervas/capsula
Antoni Hervás habla de fanzine expandido, de atracos, de su abuela, de
parques temáticos de sirenas, de Hércules, de fotocopias y de entender lo
lúdico como un sistema de resistencia.

*5- COMPOSING WITH PROCESS: PERSPECTIVES ON GENERATIVE AND SYSTEMS MUSIC**
#1.1. Continue. Curated by Mark Fell and Joe Gilmore*

Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/composingwithprocess_1_mark_fell_joe_gilmore/capsula
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/composingwithprocess_1_mark_fell_joe_gilmore/capsula>

'Continue' investigates how music can be generated using a wide range of
techniques. These range from very simple procedural systems, such as Mika
Vainio's 'Twin Bleebs' which features two repeating events going in and out
of phase, to David Tudor's 'Neural Synthesis No.9' – a more complex
electronic system which explores indeterminacy through the emulation of
neural activity. The programme also looks at music which has been composed
using formal geometric and mathematical rules, for example: Martin Neukom's
'Studie 18' and Thomas Brinkmann's '27 Fibonacci Numbers in a Binary Chain'.

*6- PROBES #17.1. Curated by Chris Cutler*
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes-17-1-chris-cutler/capsula

In PROBES #17, we trace how the gamelan collided with western notions of
music and exotic percussion spread like a virus into every field.

*7/ COMPOSING WITH PROCESS: PERSPECTIVES ON GENERATIVE AND SYSTEMS MUSIC
#4.2. Exclusives by Laurie Spiegel and Terre Thaemlitz.*

Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/composingwithprocess_exclusives_laurie_spiegel_terre_thaemlitz/capsula
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/composingwithprocess_exclusives_laurie_spiegel_terre_thaemlitz/capsula>

This show presents two works, the first by American composer Laurie
Spiegel, followed by an excerpt of the soundtrack of a theatre play by
Japanese composer Terre Thaemlitz.

*8- SON[I]A # 217. Jordi Ferreiro (only available in Spanish)*
Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/es/sonia/jordi-ferreiro-situaciones-pedagogicas/capsula

Jordi Ferreiro habla sobre situaciones pedagógicas fuera de lo normativo,
afectos y aprendizaje significativo y sistemas de evaluación experimentales.

*9- OBJECTHOOD #4. Curated by Roc Jiménez de Cisneros*
Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/objecthood4-nabil-ahmed-arie-altena-agf/capsula

The slippery materiality of untraceable objects: from the arsenic poisoning
the wells of Bangladesh as told by Nabil Ahmed, to Arie Altena's account of
the superstition surrounding the Kola Superdeep Borehole in Russia, or the
bizarre biology of the vampire squid from hell in a passage of Vilém
Flusser’s ‘Vampyroteuthis Infernalis’ read by AGF.

*10- SON[I]A #212. John Chowning*
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/john-chowning-/capsula

John Chowning shares the experience of being a pioneer in a discipline at a
time when using computers to generate music was a leap into the void
between creative eccentricity and scientific adventure.

*+2 you should not miss!*

*1/ SON[I]A #224. Natalie Jeremijenko*
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/natalie-jeremijenko/capsula

*Natalie Jeremijenko talks about learning by living together, about the
vitality and shortcomings of the environmental struggles of the past, and
about how to imagine our relationships with natural systems from this point
on.2/** SON[I]A #219. Gigiotto Del Vecchio.*

Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/the-living-theater-gigiotto-del-vecchio/capsula
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/the-living-theater-gigiotto-del-vecchio/capsula>

Gigiotto Del Vecchio talks about some of the key aspects of The Living
Theater: an attempt to break the fourth wall and promote ideas of
anarcho-pacifism and liberalism around the world.

*Enjoy!*