[spectre] Accelerationist Art | By Rob Myers

furtherfield furtherfielder at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 12:30:26 CEST 2016

Sorry for any cross posting...

Accelerationist Art | By Rob Myers.

Despite its image of rapid technological change, progress under capitalism
has stalled. Spinning ever faster is not the same as going somewhere.
Contemporary Accelerationism wants to take off the brakes, and it is
enlisting art's help to do so. Rob Myers attempts to speed up understanding
of what Accelerationist art is and where it maybe heading.

“What Epistemic (philosophical) and Left (political) Accelerationism have
in common is an attitude of "prometheanism", of amplifying our
capabilities, of rationally overcoming intellectual and material limits. Of
hacking the systems of philosophical and political thought to find the
exploits that will allow us to increase our knowledge of them, our control
of them, our reach through them. Hopefully this will work out better than
it did for the original Prometheus of Greek myth (or for Ridley Scott).”

http://www.furtherfield.org/features/articles/accelerationist-art