[spectre] Fwd: Farewell Melentie, Job Call, Summer Hours
melentie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 05:31:29 CEST 2016
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Video Pool Media Arts Centre <vpadmin at videopool.org>
Date: Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 4:03 PM
Subject: Farewell Melentie, Job Call, Summer Hours
To: melentie at gmail.com
View this email in your browser
Dr. Melentie Pandilovski has announced that he has accepted a new position
as Gallery Director & Manager of Arts and Cultural Development at the Riddoch
in Mount Gambier, Australia August 29, 2016. He will depart from Video Pool
on August 17, 2016.
The Board and staff of Video Pool, will miss his creative prowess and
His extensive knowledge of visual arts was key to growth of Video Pool
Media Arts Centre on the local, national and international stages. Melentie
has built strong links with the arts community and various Networks in
Europe, US, Australia, and Asia.
During his tenure at Video Pool, Melentie curated many memorable shows
including the acclaimed Toxicity and Age of Catastrophe.
He has written extensively regarding the arts, in various books, catalogues
and magazines. His texts have been published or translated into German,
Russian, Macedonian, Greek, Bulgarian, French, Serbian/Croatian, and
English. He presented papers and participated in many international
He was always passionately advocating for artists and art, and was strongly
committed to the support of local and emerging artists.
Video Pool wishes Melentie the best of luck in his new position and we look
forward to continuing dialogue and alliance.
*Executive Director - call for application*
*Title: *Executive Director
*Location: *Video Pool Media Arts Centre, 300- 100 Arthur Street, Winnipeg,
Manitoba R3B1H3 Canada
*Position Type: *Permanent Fulltime, 35 hours/week
*Reports to: *Video Pool’s Board of Directors
*Application Deadline:* Monday, September 5 at 5pm
*Anticipated Start Date:* As soon as possible
Video Pool is a non-profit Artist Run Centre founded in 1983 by a group of
interdisciplinary artists. It has grown into a model multidisciplinary
environment for experimental art practice and research, the production,
exhibition and distribution of independent video, audio and computer
integrated multimedia production, with a staff of six plus interns and
volunteers. Video Pool supports Video Art production, Experimental Video
and Sound, Installation, Video and Sound Art Production Funds, Community
Outreach and Poolside Magazine.
Video Pool maintains one of the most extensive archives of video art in
Canada and distributes members' work locally, nationally and
internationally through video and film festivals, universities, and
broadcast. The organization educates through workshops, lectures,
symposiums, screenings and festivals, and has outreach partnerships with
diverse community groups.
Video Pool Media Arts Centre seeks an outstanding, highly motivated arts
professional for the role of Executive Director.
*The Executive Director will:*
· Oversee Video Pool's staff and the organization’s day-to-day
· Develop and implement strategic and business plans.
· Maintain a fiscally strong and viable organization by securing
grants from arts councils and arts foundations as well as developing and
implementing creative and innovative fundraising initiatives.
· Prepare an annual budget for approval by the Board and effectively
· Establish and oversee Video Pool’s artistic and curatorial vision,
writing curatorial statements and engaging in research and analysis for
publications, essays, and catalogues.
· Curate national and international traveling exhibitions (produced
by Video Pool or as co-productions with other centres).
· Curate Video Pool’s archive of video and sound artworks to ensure a
vital research database.
· Ensure the maintenance of current and historical records and
· Engage in research and analysis of publications, essays,
catalogues, and newsletters.
· Organize public conferences concerning emerging issues on the
production, dissemination and understanding of media art.
· Provide expertise in the fields of media technologies.
· Direct the organization’s community outreach programs, specifically
developing opportunities for aboriginal, recent immigrant and other
· Liaise with local, national and international educational
· Advocate and lobby to the public, other arts and cultural
organizations and all funding agencies locally, nationally and
*Our chosen candidate will have:*
· University Degree in Art or Art History.
· Five years or more experience as a director of recognized artist
· Extensive research background in the areas of new media,
communications technologies, electronic culture and related fields
· Extensive publications in scholarly journals and other venues would
be considered an asset.
· Participation in national and international symposiums, lectures
and workshops on contemporary developments in media arts and new
· Experience managing artist run centre budgets over $500,000.
· Experience in strategic planning, business planning and policy
*How to apply:*
Interested applicants should send a cover letter with salary expectations
and a current CV to board at videopool.org
>From August 23rd to August 30th Video Pool's Technical Department will be
open Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 5pm.
*Copyright © 2016 Video Pool Media Arts Centre, All rights reserved.*
You are receiving this email because you are a Video Pool member or have
subscribed to Video Pool's e-newsletter.
*Our mailing address is:*
Video Pool Media Arts Centre
300-100 Arthur St.
Winnipeg, Mb R3B 1H3
Add us to your address book
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences
or unsubscribe from this list
[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SPECTRE