[spectre] Exhibition: syntax error @ greenhouse berlin

chr quenotte at gmx.de
Thu Jan 14 12:10:28 CET 2016

http://greenhouse-berlin.de/syntax_error

*Š̷᷂̼̜̍̾͗᷾̾̌͆͘͞ͅY̝͓̥̺̰͍̼ͦ͐͒̍̏̄͜͝N̞̻̘͔̔ͨ̄͗͋̉̆͑́̚͜T̹͖͎͈̬̖̂᷀̐͌ͪ͘̚͢͢A̵̭͍͇ͮ᷀ͥ̈́̂̔͗́̓ͥͅX̭̫̰̌́͒̉̅̿̾͂͏̪͊̑ E̵̸᷿̬̝̼᷉̇᷁͐᷈͌̑ͭ́R̷̵͍̻̹̓̀̒ͯ̌ͫ̌͘͜͜R̵̢̟̦̣͙͍̻͙ͫ͒ͮ̅̓͢O̸͉̙̩̺͍̙̬̪᷀̏̏̓͜͡R̴͇̥̼̭̟ͩ̾̎̈̊̐͠͠͠ *

@

GREENHOUSE <http://greenhouse-berlin.de/>
BERLIN <http://osm.org/go/0MbBxnm5b?m=&node=2823085907>

[8th floor] | Gottlieb-Dunkel Strasse 43-44 | 12099 Berlin

misunderstandings
as a
creative process

_*Transmediale Vorspiel 2016*_
<http://transmediale.de/resource/vorspiel>

Only humans communicate through symbols. According to Flusser, we speak
herebyof “unnatural”communication because the “natural” transmission of
information would aim for a transparent, understandable exchange of
messages. Though an artwork represents in its aesthetic coding actually
a communication barrier because itrather hides thanspellsout clearly its
meaning. Schlingensief said: "Art is only interesting when we are facing
with something that we cannot completely explain.“ In this paradoxical
tension between the symbolic displacement of reality and the urge for
its cognition are standing and beingcreated myriads of failed systems of
human codes.

The exhibition undertakes an artistic dialogue between six artists,and a
seventh, whose performance is pointed directly at the visitors. It shows
how false understanding creates new originals and new spaces of meaning.
Errors and misunderstandings enlarge our world, what means:the amount of
information grows. By ambiguities arise new knowledge and spaces of
meaning. The exhibition shows three conversational situations of artists
through their works and invites visitors to intervene and to continue
the discourse in his own understanding.

*Opening event*
16.1. Saturday

7pm -- Opening

8pm - Perfomance - Error 404 [Roi Weinstein & Shiran Eliaserov]

9pm - Perfomance - Decalque:imagemtempo [Rodrigo De and Judith Nagel]

10pm – The Rise Of The About:Blank [produced by Yuval Jacob Zalk]
	10 pm - 12 am - Jim Cassady & Pablo & VJ João Paulo Comazzi
	12 am - 02 am - Rasmus (Sweden) & VJ Alexandra Macia (Spain)

*Closing event*
21.1. Thursday, 6pm

7pm - Perfomance - Error 404 [Roi Weinstein & Shiran Eliaserov]

8pm - Perfomance - Decalque:imagemtempo [Rodrigo De and Judith Nagel]

*Main exhibition*
17.1.2016 – 20.1.2016 from 6pm – 10pm

Participating artists:

_*Noam Braslavsky*_ <http://braslavsky.com/>