[spectre] happy 2016 - Water Works!

suzon fuks suzon at igneous.org.au
Tue Jan 19 05:52:23 CET 2016

Dear Spectre list members,

may this year bring you joy and fulfilment in your life and work! :-)
I'd like to let you know that, after five years of committed
development, the Waterwheel team and I have decided to step out of the
project. The custodianship might be taken over by other people. Qui vivra
verra! We'll see! :-)

In the meantime, we will celebrate World Water Day in a big way, with an
online exhibition curated and presented by fabulous people during a
special streaming event on 19/20 March.
See call below or
English http://bit.ly/waterWORKS-CALL
Français http://bit.ly/eauTRAVAILLE-APPEL
Español http://bit.ly/aguaOBRAS-CONVOCATORIA

28 Feb: deadline for uploading media & proposition for performances.

I hope you will consider contributing & inviting others.
Best wishes & looking forward to hearing from you

Suzon

WATERWHEEL, Make & Share about Water  http://water-wheel.net
3/27 Waverley St, Annerley, QLD 4103, Australia
it takes 3 litres of water to make 1 sheet of A4 paper & 12,000 litres to
make 500 grams of chocolate!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"WATER WORKS! " CALL TO DISTRIBUTE
 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Are your projects or artworks linked to water? Have you always wanted to
do something on Waterwheel but never had time? This is the moment.
Celebrate this final large event organised by the current Waterwheel team
of Suzon Fuks, Inkahoots, and Igneous.

Artists, scientists, activists, teachers and young people are invited to
celebrate World Water Day 2016 by contributing to an online exhibition
with short digital media (including performances, poems or texts) on the
theme of "WATER WORKS!" Deadline: 28 February 2016.

Following a quick turn around and selection process, a fantastic group of
curators will discuss contributions, and respond to online audience, in a
streaming event on the Waterwheel video-collaboration system, the Tap, on
19/20 March 2016.

Accepted formats are video (mp4), images (jpeg, png), animation (swf),
audio (mp3), text (doc, txt, xls, pdf) or slideshows (pdf). Curators, Tap
link and time will be announced closer to the date in the Waterwheel
newsletter, blog, twitter and Facebook group. Find links to all at
http://water-wheel.net

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
WATER WORKS!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Think of the myriad jobs that are overlooked when you turn on the tap, no
matter where you live, in the city or a rural area: from digging wells, to
drawing, fetching, purifying, and distributing water, to studying its
ecosystems, analysing its composition, to its use in washing, the
production of our food, the management of sewage and waste, the caring for
equitable access to water, the ensuring of environmental health and
sustainability, paying homage to and highlighting water¹s qualities or
conditionsŠ

Climate change, financial crises, war, and global environmental damage,
have all put pressures on water forcing it to ³work² as commodity, capital
and resource for growing and shifting human populations. While non-human
species and natural processes such as coral reefs, wetlands and beavers
"work" in the maintenance and transformation of water, there are also the
"works" created by the passing actions of floods, tides and storms.

How can art, science, design, and activism reinstate the social, cultural
and environmental value of water? How can we give recognition to the
indispensable and invaluable ways that water works?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
HOW TO PROCEED
- prepare your media
- register / log in at http://water-wheel.net
- go to Media Centre
- upload file(s)
IMPORTANT: while 'processing', please complete: title, keywords, and short
description (once that's done, please leave the window open)
- SAVE when upload is finished
That's all! easy! :-)

NOTE: if you need to change info details or upload a new version of the
file, once logged in you go to Media Centre > My Media > click on the
little pencil at bottom right (next to the cross), and you can edit. At
the end, SAVE!